Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Archie is on the hot seat? According to who? Select fans?

"if things go horrifically bad at Texas, Indiana, Stanford, Georgia Tech or SMU, a coaching change could become a realistic possibility."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaches-on-hot-seat-who-is-lacking-job-security-and-might-need-a-good-2020-21/

Go Hoosiers!!!

31 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

People who aren’t pulling whatever excuses they can out of thin air.  

I'm certainly not finding excuses for Miller but I don't think his seat is hot. He'll almost certainly be back next year and his seat might be hot them but not now.

Part of the reason I say that is because of COVID and its effect on this season and last. The main reason I say that, though, is because his buyout is currently $10M. If IU waits a year out is only 1/3 of that. His record hasn't been so bad as to justify paying that extra ~$7M and he doesn't have off-court issues. So I firmly believe he'll get 5 years whether or not he deserves that long.

27 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I'm certainly not finding excuses for Miller but I don't think his seat is hot. He'll almost certainly be back next year and his seat might be hot them but not now.

Part of the reason I say that is because of COVID and its effect on this season and last. The main reason I say that, though, is because his buyout is currently $10M. If IU waits a year out is only 1/3 of that. His record hasn't been so bad as to justify paying that extra ~$7M and he doesn't have off-court issues. So I firmly believe he'll get 5 years whether or not he deserves that long.

His record hasn’t been bad enough?  He’s never been in the top 5 of the conference.  As the second highest paid coach. 

This right here.  This lack of standards is why we aren’t a blueblood. 

A blueblood doesn’t hire Davis, Crean or Archie. 

The numbers also aren’t 10 and 3.  They are 10 and 6.6 give or take. 

We fire him after this year he gets 10 million. Fire him after that and we have to pay him his yearly salary and 50% of his remaining contract.  

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

His record hasn’t been bad enough?  He’s never been in the top 5 of the conference.  As the second highest paid coach. 

We fire him after this year he gets 10 million. Fire him after that and we have to pay him his yearly salary and 50% of his remaining contract.  

You'll be very disappointed when he's not fired at the end of this season, then.

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

How much of the buyout are you willing to pay

32 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

You'll be very disappointed when he's not fired at the end of this season, then.

Not really a defense for his performance. 

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How much of the buyout are you willing to pay

If chip in for sure. Would have to see my finances at the time for an amount.  But I stopped donating to the university 2 years ago.  So keeping Miller had already cost them 300 from me.  

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

That's because I'm not defending him. I'm telling you the view the AD will likely take. I will be very surprised if he doesn't get a 5th season.

I will too. But my no measure does he deserves and a program serious about winning would never keep him for year 5. You can be on the hot seat for multiple years. Usually saved by a contract 

On 12/26/2020 at 11:36 PM, Brass Cannon said:

I will too. But my no measure does he deserves and a program serious about winning would never keep him for year 5. You can be on the hot seat for multiple years. Usually saved by a contract 

So is every thread going to be about Archie and the hot seat? This is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

So is every thread going to be about Archie and the hot seat? This is ridiculous. 

Until he wins a lot more games or finishes in the top half of the B1G...probably. That or they fire him. I think next year will be when he really gets evaluated fully and make a decision but some people are much less patient then me. I mean if UK fans want to fire Cal then what do you expect from IU fans.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Until he wins a lot more games or finishes in the top half of the B1G...probably. That or they fire him. I think next year will be when he really gets evaluated fully and make a decision but some people are much less patient then me. I mean if UK fans want to fire Cal then what do you expect from IU fans.

Then after they fire Archie the next coach comes in and  after his first bad loss it will start over again.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't think every single post/thread needs to be the same people talking about firing Archie and who the new coach should be and how long is too long etc.; one thread is good enough. The season is not over and he's not getting fired. 

Archived