Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Nothing at all.  The 247 article today sounds just like all the other articles that have come out over the last couple months.  IU in the top tier, decision in fall.

It did say that Maryland took a commit from a similar sized wing and has since slowed down communication. I think the big 3 contenders have consistently been Indiana, Louisville, and Maryland, so I would categorize that as significant.

23 minutes ago, goonaha said:

It did say that Maryland took a commit from a similar sized wing and has since slowed down communication. I think the big 3 contenders have consistently been Indiana, Louisville, and Maryland, so I would categorize that as significant.

Thanks for the info. I know counting scholarships can be a waste of time but I think UL has had 2 people commit recently so unless they have transfers/guys go pro, I believe they only have one scholarship left for the 2021 class. Also, will be interesting to see what happens to schools linked with the FBI scandal considering the penalties they gave to Ok St. 

I like our chances right now especially with guys not having the chance to get more looks with the recruiting dead period being extended. 

18 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

How many recruits can we take for his class?  I ask because I really like the idea of landing both Miller and Kaufman, not sure if we had scholarship room for all 3.

If TJD leaves I think we would have 5 open scholarships.  

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Duncomb, Kaufman, Miller would be a very good class and add Wesley or Muhammad we would have a great class.

Agree...I think we have a better shot with Muhammad, but either would make this class special...

No clue whether we get Aminu or not. What we all know as avid fans is this. You keep stacking classes on top of each other like this and eventually the Big 10 titles, F4's and stuff is going to happen. Many always said Archie just needed a platform....and I'm hoping for our sakes we are seeing that develop right before our eyes. Kind of feel like we are building a 2002 team. 5-6 very good players peppered with 1-2 elite. 

24 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Peegs made a new hot board today and the teaser was that Aminu is “moving up” on it. I don’t have a subscription to 247 so not sure what the new order is. 

Kaufman, Mohammed, Miller, Wesley, John Camden, Jordan Longino. In that order.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:15 PM, IU Scott said:

If we have 5 openings I would see us having a 4 man class because it doesn't appear that Archie wants 13 scholarship players.

Duncomb, Kaufman, Miller would be a very good class and add Wesley or Muhammad we would have a great class.

Archie has not recently had 13 man squads but I think this year he should recruit to a fully stocked roster (if all the commitments are quality/fit) because based on the current landscape there is a very high probability of:

1) either TJD, Lander (doubt it, but who knows) or Muhammad, if we land him, going pro,

and/or

2) at least one of the players being unhappy with playing time and looking for perceived greener pastures.

23 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Well that leaves the uncertainty out of it lol. Like that order, although I feel like at the moment we might only have a strong chance with the first 3 anyway. 

You might want to take a look at the Kaufman thread as to your first name on the list. Lots of uncertainty there.....

3 minutes ago, Iuhoopsfan said:

Jeff Ermann, Maryland Insider, put in a Crystal Ball pick for IU early this morning.  Would love to see Aminu commit before school starts.  

I don't follow the CB world much. Is his track record good at picking weeks in advance and sticking with pick? Or is he like some of the others who pick 5 minutes before announcement?

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't follow the CB world much. Is his track record good at picking weeks in advance and sticking with pick? Or is he like some of the others who pick 5 minutes before announcement?

I think those are called a "Jerry Meyer non-binding SWAG". 😉

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Ermann is at 92% and has picked some early and some last minute.  I always take CB predictions with a grain of salt, but it is nice when one of the competing schools insiders predicts IU.  It can't be a bad thing.  

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

He’s not very confident on the pick right now. He put his prediction at a 4

Well at least it must indicate that Maryland doesn't feel like they are in the lead for the kid. Doesn't mean an IU lock but must help our chances! We need some back court scoring so this is exciting! Would love the thought of a 21 backcourt of Rob/Lander Aminu/Armaan….that's a good backcourt!

Archived