Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do you know those dates? Too lazy to look them up. 

Greenwood Blue and Gold was in December last year but there is nothing listed for this year.  Bass Pro is in January. 

So this announcement may not be coming anytime soon.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I previously mentioned, considering that Brian Snow said this would be a “wild ride” since they are open to every school recruiting him, I like that by August he’s already cutting his list down.

While I’m confident this year’s team will be Archie’s best so far, IMO I think it helps that he wants to decide in the fall and doesn’t feel compelled to watch the college season unfold and see how teams perform first before making his decision.

Interesting fact for perhaps only me. Since I have relatives that live in Springfield, Missouri.  Where  Aminu is. And where Steve Alford once coached.  But also, Juwan Morgan came to us from Waynesville,  Missouri. Outside of Fort Leonard Wood. Where I took my individual advanced training, while in the Army.  And Juwan's parents  were stationed there as well, which is why Juwan played in Missouri. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Interesting fact for perhaps only me. Since I have relatives that live in Springfield, Missouri.  Where  Aminu is. And where Steve Alford once coached.  But also, Juwan Morgan came to us from Waynesville,  Missouri. Outside of Fort Leonard Wood. Where I took my individual advanced training, while in the Army.  And Juwan's parents  were stationed there as well, which is why Juwan played in Missouri. 

And as long as the virus cools down, I will make sure to attend a game or two :). Living on the SW side of STL will help get to check out a game of his.

Just now, JaybobHoosier said:

And as long as the virus cools down, I will make sure to attend a game or two :). Living on the SW side of STL will help get to check out a game of his.

I truly hope you get a chance to check out a game or more of his. If it happens.  And do expect a report back from you, if you are able to check him out for us.

Take care.  And stay safe during this pandemic. 

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

My Dad trained at Fort Leonard Wood also

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

My Dad trained at Fort Leonard Wood also

Pass along my thanks to him. For his service.  Was a mother in the winter when I was there.  Spent two weeks in the field.  And the temps never got above 10 below.  Would stand in line for morning coffee.  And by the time I got to where we were allowed to drink it.... ice had already covered my metal canteen.  Needless to say. Not one hot meal was hot when I could eat it.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

All I have to say is Thank You for your service.... you are an absolute amazing individual and this board will never be the same if you weren’t on it.... I look forward to getting to know you and become friends as the years move forward.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Pass along my thanks to him. For his service.  Was a mother in the winter when I was there.  Spent two weeks in the field.  And the temps never got above 10 below.  Would stand in line for morning coffee.  And by the time I got to where we were allowed to drink it.... ice had already covered my metal canteen.  Needless to say. Not one hot meal was hot when I could eat it.

Thank you for your service Mile!

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

All I have to say is Thank You for your service.... you are an absolute amazing individual and this board will never be the same if you weren’t on it.... I look forward to getting to know you and become friends as the years move forward.

Thank you for your very kind words. Once this pandemic is over... and if... you ever get a chance to make it to Colorado. Please know that you would be welcome at the mile household. Have had several HSN members visit in the past. Always a joy.  And would make sure to have Wafflehead Fred here as well.  Keep this invitation in mind. Once the horrible pandemic is past us.

50 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you for your very kind words. Once this pandemic is over... and if... you ever get a chance to make it to Colorado. Please know that you would be welcome at the mile household. Have had several HSN members visit in the past. Always a joy.  And would make sure to have Wafflehead Fred here as well.  Keep this invitation in mind. Once the horrible pandemic is past us.

Absolutely along with going to a cardinals game!!!!

19 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I truly hope you get a chance to check out a game or more of his. If it happens.  And do expect a report back from you, if you are able to check him out for us.

Take care.  And stay safe during this pandemic. 

Really hope I get the chance to and will definitely report back :)

You stay safe as well!

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Really hope I get the chance to and will definitely report back :)

You stay safe as well!

Thanks for the well wishes.

I have driven from St. Louis to Springfield a number of times.  As I  recall... Not bad of a drive. Just over three hours. Of course six hours round trip. Unless you get a motel to stay in overnight. If there are games.  Highly recommend you leave early enough to have lunch/dinner here. In Ozark, Missouri. Just outside of Springfield :

Lambert's Cafe II | Lambert's Cafe

Gotta say. Some of the nicest people I have ever met live in Harrisonville, Missouri.  On the way between St. Louis, and Springfield.  Mrs. mile's uncle who grew up in Harrisonville, but spent decades in Colorado.  Was buried in Harrisonville. We went for his burial and memorial.  It was amazing.  The numbers of people that talked about him... though he had not lived their for years.  And they treated me and mrs. mile unbelievably well.  Even treating us to dinner after the ceremony.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the well wishes.

I have driven from St. Louis to Springfield a number of times.  As I  recall... Not bad of a drive. Just over three hours. Of course six hours round trip. Unless you get a motel to stay in overnight. If there are games.  Highly recommend you leave early enough to have lunch/dinner here. In Ozark, Missouri. Just outside of Springfield :

Lambert's Cafe II | Lambert's Cafe

Gotta say. Some of the nicest people I have ever met live in Harrisonville, Missouri.  On the way between St. Louis, and Springfield.  Mrs. mile's uncle who grew up in Harrisonville, but spent decades in Colorado.  Was buried in Harrisonville. We went for his burial and memorial.  It was amazing.  The numbers of people that talked about him... though he had not lived their for years.  And they treated me and mrs. mile unbelievably well.  Even treating us to dinner after the ceremony.

Yum!! I have ate at the sikeston one several times on my way to visit my wife’s grand parents in Cape Girardeau when we lived in Paducah Ky. Damn good food and fun atmosphere. Bring cash and an empty stomach. Do know it will be packed so don’t try to just pull up at noon on a weekend or something lol...

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yum!! I have ate at the sikeston one several times on my way to visit my wife’s grand parents in Cape Girardeau when we lived in Paducah Ky. Damn good food and fun atmosphere. Bring cash and an empty stomach. Do know it will be packed so don’t try to just pull up at noon on a weekend or something lol...

Home of throwed rolls. Yeah. They throw hot rolls to you. As you know.  And unlimited pass arounds....yumm.  And not known by all. Lambert's will give you as many helpings of your entree, at no extra cost.  Order a steak. And get as many more as you wish.  Always served with a smile.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Home of throwed rolls. Yeah. They throw hot rolls to you. As you know.  And unlimited pass arounds....yumm.  And not known by all. Lambert's will give you as many helpings of your entree, at no extra cost.  Order a steak. And get as many more as you wish.  Always served with a smile.

I've been to Lamberts too definitely recommend it.  However, I would highly suggest going at lunch.  You won't need to eat the rest of the day. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

If you remember the serving sizes you would know 1 is enough lol!

Archived