Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Me either, but apparently there is a rivals source saying that Aminu is headed to GT. Thread started on November 11, same day as the CB for Georgia 

Wondering how they can pull that off with no scholarships.  Also if he said that on the 11th he might not have known that Muhammad plans on coming in January.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hearing two things. 1) Mohammed COULD go past Dec. 15. 2). A three point shooting transfer  has come into the picture.  Muhammed goes elsewhere.... this guy is looking to enroll early.  And

Jeff Ermann, Maryland Insider, put in a Crystal Ball pick for IU early this morning.  Would love to see Aminu commit before school starts.  

Caught up with Aminu's guardian last night.  Here is the latest with him. https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-indiana-making-2021-five-star-guard-aminu-mohammed-a-high-pri

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

You know having him in January might not be a bad thing. If we have players out with Covid having a 5star to throw in might not be a bad thing.

He cant play this season. Hed still be a 2021 commit but would just be on campus a semester early. 

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Early enroll, wonder how that plays out with other guys on the team.  This kid appears to have his eyes set on something other than college, hopefully that would not be to the detriment of team chemistry.  From all accounts, we finally have a team that has some closeness to it this year.

TJD has had his eyes on something other than college since he set foot on campus. That hasn't stopped him from being a great player and team guy.

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I mean I don’t think a redshirt freshman is going to start over a 5th year senior next year so no I don’t think he does.

Correct that was my question. 

You don’t think Aminu will start?  He’s a 5*.  I highly doubt he commits if he isn’t starting day 1.   

If he doesn’t come here, I can see them trying to persuade Al to stay.  But if he does commit, something will have to give. 

I know people have said his other top schools don’t have scholarships available but with the way recruiting has gone recently, I’m not entirely optimistic.

As I mentioned earlier here, this is an opportunity being handed on a silver platter. I will be very concerned about our ability to recruit if we can’t convince the kid to join the school with an actual available scholarship/the opportunity to play alongside one of the best point guards  in the country.

This would definitely be an amazing get if we can land an out of state 5 star player and I think it would help trying to get a transfer forward by pitching that we have a wealth of talent at the guard position at their disposal. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Correct that was my question. 

You don’t think Aminu will start?  He’s a 5*.  I highly doubt he commits if he isn’t starting day 1.   

If he doesn’t come here, I can see them trying to persuade Al to stay.  But if he does commit, something will have to give. 

Al doesn’t count against a scholarship so it would be silly not to bring it back. 

• Like 1
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Aminu Mohammed announcing 12/15.
  • KDB changed the title to Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown