Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

I don't believe they are correct about him being able to play this year. Ohio State has a guy doing just that - SI tries to analogize to football, but football is a fall sport, so they are on a different calendar.

Osu kid reclassed 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hearing two things. 1) Mohammed COULD go past Dec. 15. 2). A three point shooting transfer  has come into the picture.  Muhammed goes elsewhere.... this guy is looking to enroll early.  And

Jeff Ermann, Maryland Insider, put in a Crystal Ball pick for IU early this morning.  Would love to see Aminu commit before school starts.  

Caught up with Aminu's guardian last night.  Here is the latest with him. https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-indiana-making-2021-five-star-guard-aminu-mohammed-a-high-pri

Posted Images

Here is where I am with Aminu:  We know he wants to get to the NBA its been highlighted multiple times.  a few things:

• IU gets a lot of exposure, way more than the others currently recruiting Aminu(Texas would be 2nd in terms of exposure IMO)
  • IUs strength program is amazing just ask Al, Race, TJD, Franklin, hell ask me and I could tell ya how good it is with Cliff Marshall by images, videos, etc.
  • If he enrolls in Jan, he'll be able to get some academics under his belt, build strength and work on a relationships with the players and coaching staff
  • He SHOULD be able to practice with them(maybe I am wrong here) right away given the fact he'll be on a scholly
  • Given everything above and assuming he has no injuries there is no reason why he couldn't make an immediate impact in Fall 2021.  Also given everything above and if he is truly dominant like some say he is, he'll be gone by 2022 via the draft.    
  • So what's it look like at the 1/2/3 positions with Aminu?  Well you have loads of options, you have Rob/Lander/Leal/Galloway/Aminu and Durham should he return for one more year.  To me that is a very dangerous group of kids that could play 1/2 and even the 3 spot and I didn't even list the forwards that could play the 3 spot.  

While I am disappointed we swung and missed on TK and Miller we also have been very very solid since CAM took over in terms of recruiting.  We could fill a PF spot with a transfer as many say the transfer market is expected to be huge.  

If we get Aminu I will still consider this a good class even though we may only have two incoming recruits.  Now if we miss on Aminu I will be disappointed but still hopeful we can work some magic on the transfer market

• Like 1
6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Al doesn’t count against a scholarship so it would be silly not to bring it back. 

Would love to have Al(and Joey for that matter) back but they may be ready to move on.   Playing ball overseas and earning a nice paycheck is likely for them.   Staying to play another season takes away a year of salary.  And we all know athletes have very small windows in which to earn.  So counting on them to fill a void in recruiting may be a pipe dream.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He SHOULD be able to practice with them(maybe I am wrong here) right away given the fact he'll be on a scholly

From the article I cited...

Could he play this season?

"No, Mohammed wouldn't be eligible to play for Indiana or any other school during the 2020-21 season.

He would be able to practice with Indiana's team throughout most of the Big Ten season, but he wouldn't be able to play in any games.

It would help him get acclimated to college faster and would only help him become more prepared for the 2021-22 season."

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From the article I cited...

Could he play this season?

"No, Mohammed wouldn't be eligible to play for Indiana or any other school during the 2020-21 season.

He would be able to practice with Indiana's team throughout most of the Big Ten season, but he wouldn't be able to play in any games.

It would help him get acclimated to college faster and would only help him become more prepared for the 2021-22 season."

By practicing and seeing Big Ten games from the bench up close it would do wonders for him.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Would love to have Al(and Joey for that matter) back but they may be ready to move on.   Playing ball overseas and earning a nice paycheck is likely for them.   Staying to play another season takes away a year of salary.  And we all know athletes have very small windows in which to earn.  So counting on them to fill a void in recruiting may be a pipe dream.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Also depends if Joey wants to be Dr Brunk and if Al wants a master's.

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I believe Brunk wanted to go to law school when he first came but IU told him he couldn't. I wonder if covid might change that since he could possibly do remote classes.

Edited by HoosierDom
30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

True but those are things that you can go back and achieve later.  Earning good money, traveling and playing a game you love for a few more years is pretty enticing.

Go Hoosiers!!!

25 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

True but those are things that you can go back and achieve later.  Earning good money, traveling and playing a game you love for a few more years is pretty enticing.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Cost of room and board to live like an IU basketball player with full master's tuition paid vs living in a 450 sq ft studio in eastern europe making 60k.  Sign me up for a master's in basket weaving.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

I'm going to make a crazy guess that the very important news is that he confirmed he's reclassifying. 

He wouldn't be reclassifying. He's still a 2021 recruit, just going to college early on a 21 scholarship. Unable to play in games, but able to practice with the team.

Edited by IUFLA
8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He wouldn't be reclassifying. He's still a 2021 recruit, just going to college early on a 21 scholarship. Unable to play in games, but able to practice with the team.

Also, Mike did comment and say the decision date is set for December 15th at this time.

• Thanks 1
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Aminu Mohammed announcing 12/15.
  • KDB changed the title to Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown