Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Basketball Recruiting - Ranking the Contenders: Aminu Mohammed (rivals.com)

This guy has Georgia in the lead for Muhammad. He talked about Muhammad going to college in January and said Crean would let him do that.  My question is that they have no scholarships available to allow this.

1) Georgia

2) IU

3) Georgetown

4) Kansas St.

Crean gave Tom Priller and Grant Gaelon scholly's to IU.  If AM wants to go to UGA, Crean will find a way.  That's what he does.  Creaning is not a term because he was the head coach at IU, it is a real thing.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This guy has Georgia in the lead for Muhammad. He talked about Muhammad going to college in January and said Crean would let him do that.  My question is that they have no scholarships available to allow this.

1) Georgia

2) IU

3) Georgetown

4) Kansas St.

Somebody is way off here.  Not long ago in this thread another article clearly said Georgia was OUT if he enrolled in January...no scholarships.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1) Georgia

2) IU

3) Georgetown

4) Kansas St.

"Allow him" doesn't mean he'd have a scholarship. If they think paying for 1 semester at a school means a large difference in the potential draft spot, then it makes sense from a business standpoint as that would more than pay for the semester.

It's kind of a silly thing for the author to say. Any school would "allow" a 5* player to start early on his own dime.

6 minutes ago, BDB said:

Crean gave Tom Priller and Grant Gaelon scholly's to IU.  If AM wants to go to UGA, Crean will find a way.  That's what he does.  Creaning is not a term because he was the head coach at IU, it is a real thing.

How because he can't break the rules and even if he got a player to transfer they can't use that scholarship until next year.  Unless Muhammad wants to pay his own way that semester I don't see how he can go to Georgia in January.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

How because he can't break the rules and even if he got a player to transfer they can't use that scholarship until next year.  Unless Muhammad wants to pay his own way that semester I don't see how he can go to Georgia in January.

I don't know how he will do it.  Very strange, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for those involved.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Psssh Crean will just secretly pay Harmon under the table of course duhhhh LOL

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would just think a journalist would at least do some research to find out about their scholarship situation.  

You give the "journalist" way too much credit for having a work ethic. They can't even repeat accurately anything anybody tells them, without interjecting their own opinions. That's not journalism in my book.

If you do the work for them, give it to them, then they might use it.

Sad state of affairs. IMO.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

1) Georgia

2) IU

3) Georgetown

4) Kansas St.

That article used a lot of words to say nothing 

37 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

And it’s amazing how much more under control AD is without the bad influences. Only two games, but looks a much different player. 

It’s the good Al instead of the which Al are we gonna get. I think just losing Green and that streetball mentality and buying more into the team aspect makes big differences.  

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

For those who were complaining we didn’t have the athletes to compete today against Texas...it’s guys like Aminu that will help us close the gap. 

He may not help us tremendously in the shooting department but should be able to finish against elite athletes.

The film I have seen he is a very good athlete but did not look real explosive

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

For those who were complaining we didn’t have the athletes to compete today against Texas...it’s guys like Aminu that will help us close the gap. 

He may not help us tremendously in the shooting department but should be able to finish against elite athletes.

Isn’t he a 5* shooting guard?

4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Isn’t he a 5* shooting guard?

Yes but he goes to the basket and scores most if his points in the lane.

Well the teams Muhammad is looking at are not doing great   I have not seen any scored from Georgia. We just laid an egg and Georgetown lost today to Navy.  I think KSU is 0-2 so it appears we are still doing better than the other teams.

Archived