Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

Congratulations. 

My skin is fine. I've only seen you post negative gifs randomly several times. Usually dealing with turds so I mistook you for a Turdue troll but figured I'd ask instead of assuming.

I'll go cry myself to sleep now...

It's all good, man. No hard feelings. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Here me out here and look at the last 3 coaches who were here for awhile.  To me if you look back at Davis, Crean and Miller and they started out well recruiting and then started to go down.  I wouldn't say Miller is totally going down yet but just looking at the coaches.  Some will say that recruits probably just saw the coach and you got to know them better. You could also say the first few years those coaches still had the fans behind them.  Is it a coinensedence or is it a pattern that once the fans started turning on the coaches is when recruiting started going down.

Do you think Cal & UK will struggle to recruit next year?

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Okay, that's one other example in a single facet of Durham's game. He's still not a dominate player and even many of the fans on this site didn't think he should be a starter entering this season. So that seems more of a natural progression rather than the amazing work of the coach.

You don't think Race and Armaan have developed any? Rob Phinisee? 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

How about Race and Franklin because they are way better this year compared to last year.

Good lord, people. I'm making this argument in the context of a 5* recruit looking to maximize his draft potential and the examples of improvement you pull up for Miller are Durham, Franklin, and Thompson? Seriously?

They are all players that I am happy are here and Frozone is one of my favorite players on the team. Thompson and Franklin look good so far this year in the small sample size we have. None of them are probably All-Conference level much less NBA level. 

Do you need a side by side comparison of Crean and Miller draft picks? My point is that Crean has a MUCH better track record of getting players drafted highly. I believe that is what will be the deciding factor in this recruitment. I could be wrong, and I certainly hope I am because that wouldn't bode well for IU's chance here.

Edit: I see Phinisee is now included. The above applies to him as well, as his amount of improvement is not going to convince a 5* recruit.

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Good lord, people. I'm making this argument in the context of a 5* recruit looking to maximize his draft potential and the examples of improvement you pull up for Miller are Durham, Franklin, and Thompson? Seriously?

They are all players that I am happy are here and Frozone is one of my favorite players on the team. Thompson and Franklin look good so far this year in the small sample size we have. None of them are probably All-Conference level much less NBA level. 

Do you need a side by side comparison of Crean and Miller draft picks? My point is that Crean has a MUCH better track record of getting players drafted highly. I believe that is what will be the deciding factor in this recruitment. I could be wrong, and I certainly hope I am because that wouldn't bode well for IU's chance here.

I think TJD had improved since the day he got on campus. Also Edwards was a o e and done no matter where he was and considered to be a high pick before going to UGA.  Romeo was a lottery pick last year

17 minutes ago, BDB said:

Do you think Cal & UK will struggle to recruit next year?

He has an answer for everything man...eventually you just have to give up. I Iove Scott the IU fan but I find little common ground with anything he says. I think I’m just going to have to stop responding to him.

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Fan base is getting restless though....

You want to see a mean hateful fan base. Just look at what they say about their kids...a lot of it ain’t even basketball related.  I mean take Brooks for example and how they have said the most racist and hateful things because he called out UK and Adolph Rupp. We don’t hold a candle to them and football schools like Michigan and others...yeah I bet it’s their fans fault they aren’t winning and kids don’t want to go there. They been complaining about their coach for how many years and Harbaugh still brings in top recruiting classes. He just can’t win...stop blaming the fans.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He has an answer for everything man...eventually you just have to give up. I Iove Scott the IU fan but I find little common ground with anything he says. I think I’m just going to have to stop responding to him.

Show me one thing I have said that is not correct   In MY opinion there is a pattern that had been going on 20 years and changing coaches has not changed anything.  I am not saying it is definitely the fans but I think we have to look at that it might be beyond coaches as well.

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

So another miss here, is that what I'm hearing?  And to lose him to Crean, lol.  This has been one heck of a crappy recruiting cycle. 

No just one guy picking UGA and he is a Georgia guy.  Also they had a kid enter the transfer portal so people are trying to connect the dots.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Here me out here and look at the last 3 coaches who were here for awhile.  To me if you look back at Davis, Crean and Miller and they started out well recruiting and then started to go down.  I wouldn't say Miller is totally going down yet but just looking at the coaches.  Some will say that recruits probably just saw the coach and you got to know them better. You could also say the first few years those coaches still had the fans behind them.  Is it a coinensedence or is it a pattern that once the fans started turning on the coaches is when recruiting started going down.

Alright, hear me out here.  I believe Indiana, has a self pro-claimed themselves as the most knowledgeable fans of the game.  The state of Indiana has the best high school coaches in all the US.  What do both of them have in common?  They both gave up on Mike Davis and Tom Crean.   Archie has yet to be determined, however, there is a lot of work to do there.

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

I'm not feeling it.  Hope to be wrong but the tea leaves don't seem friendly for IU on this one. 

It will depend if Muhammad enrolls in January because Georgia doesn't have a scholarship open.  Unless he wants to pay his own way it would be hard for him to go to Georgia

2 minutes ago, BDB said:

Alright, hear me out here.  I believe Indiana, has a self pro-claimed themselves as the most knowledgeable fans of the game.  The state of Indiana has the best high school coaches in all the US.  What do both of them have in common?  They both gave up on Mike Davis and Tom Crean.   Archie has yet to be determined, however, there is a lot of work to do there.

Well the fan base use to be the most Knowledge but I don't know about now

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Show me one thing I have said that is not correct   In MY opinion there is a pattern that had been going on 20 years and changing coaches has not changed anything.  I am not saying it is definitely the fans but I think we have to look at that it might be beyond coaches as well.

It’s your opinion Scott. It can’t be proven or disproven. I point to the fact that there are plenty of fan bases just as passionate and sometimes just as critical as ours and that hasn’t stopped their recruiting. Kids go to play for a coach....not a program...even back in Knights day you heard them say that. They wanted to go play for Bob Knight. Essentially your coach IS your program. If you have a kid say he doesn’t want to go to school somewhere and it’s because of the fans it’s a lie. I don’t believe them. Kids really don’t want to play for your coach. I can’t convince you of that nor can any one else of anything because you’ve never admitted you are wrong about anything. You just dig in deeper. Thats cool. I’ve been wrong before and I’ll happily be wrong if this team really starts improving their shooting and wins a bunch more games this year. I just disagree Scott. I’ll leave it at that. I usually try to find common ground with someone. Argue a point to try to come to some kind of consensus about at least a part of what each side sees. I’ll just have to agree to disagree.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s your opinion Scott. It can’t be proven or disproven. I point to the fact that there are plenty of fan bases just as passionate and sometimes just as critical as ours and that hasn’t stopped their recruiting. Kids go to play for a coach....not a program...even back in Knights day you heard them say that. They wanted to go play for Bob Knight. Essentially your coach IS your program. If you have a kid say he doesn’t want to go to school somewhere and it’s because of the fans it’s a lie. I don’t believe them. Kids really don’t want to play for your coach. I can’t convince you of that nor can any one else of anything because you’ve never admitted you are wrong about anything. You just dig in deeper. Thats cool. I’ve been wrong before and I’ll happily be wrong if this team really starts improving their shooting and wins a bunch more games this year. I just disagree Scott. I’ll leave it at that. I usually try to find common ground with someone. Argue a point to try to come to some kind of consensus about at least a part of what each side sees. I’ll just have to agree to disagree.

It is cool we don't have to agree on everything.

Archived