Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

My question is, how do we as fans help the staff recruit these kind of players?  The coaches have the most influence but I have always believed the we as fans also had a small role in helping our favorite program recruit the kind of players IU needs to be successful. 

I’d say go to their social media and flood it with well wishes....Go IU!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Fair!  Just didn’t know if he was alluding to the Pitt kid or some new guy that has more range than Matt Roth and Jordan Hulls combined!

For kicks, I just looked up Matt Roth's stats.  In his IU career, he attempted 336 field goals.  303 of them were 3 point attempts.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hearing two things.

1) Mohammed COULD go past Dec. 15.

2). A three point shooting transfer  has come into the picture.  Muhammed goes elsewhere.... this guy is looking to enroll early.  And will have two years of eligibility left.

Over and out.

Hey Mile...thanks for the info. I am a little confused by your second comments. Are you hearing that IF IU lands a transfer Mohammed will go elsewhere, or are you hearing Mohammed is already headed elsewhere? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Hey Mile...thanks for the info. I am a little confused by your second comments. Are you hearing that IF IU lands a transfer Mohammed will go elsewhere, or are you hearing Mohammed is already headed elsewhere? Thanks!

Neither is set in stone.  Coach Miller keeping his options open.  A Dec. 15 decision is NOT set in stone.  Could happen or not. 

54 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Over the past 20 years I have been lucky enough to talk with many AAU coaches, High school coaches, parents or some big time recruits and many recruits them selves. I have heard many a story of what is told to them from some of the colleges that are recruiting. Lots of really good stuff some bad things but never ever ever had I heard any of them say I chose this school or eliminated this school because of what I read or was told from a message board.  The kids today see so much on social media most are pretty immune to it well before making their decisions. I personally feel confident that whatever I post on a free message board is not going to tip the scale one way or the other no matter what I say or how many times I say it. The constant that I do get from those i talk to and trust me I pump IU as much as possible. Many are surprised at how big and supportive the IU fan base it and cannot believe how loud assembly hall is. I have had some candid conversations and with some of things I have heard I assure you what we talk about on HSN goes in one ear and out the other.

Let me ask you something does negative recruiting influence players and families.  Where do these coaches get the perceived notion that a coach is on the hot seat.  When they tell kids that that coach is not going to be there by the time you get there so why go there.  Where does the coach get this notion from because it is not actual first hand info from that school or their administration.  It comes from what the media and fans are saying and they come to the conclusion that the coach is definitely on the hot seat.  The AD might not have any plans to fire a coach but if the media and fans are unhappy and call for the coaches head that is where the perceived notion comes from.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Let me ask you something does negative recruiting influence players and families.  Where do these coaches get the perceived notion that a coach is on the hot seat.  When they tell kids that that coach is not going to be there by the time you get there so why go there.  Where does the coach get this notion from because it is not actual first hand info from that school or their administration.  It comes from what the media and fans are saying and they come to the conclusion that the coach is definitely on the hot seat.  The AD might not have any plans to fire a coach but if the media and fans are unhappy and call for the coaches head that is where the perceived notion comes from.

Maybe every sports station and newspaper puts out who is on the hot seat. Talk radio messages boards who knows. Even if coach is not that does not keep other coaches from saying things. Its up the the recruits and their inner circle to decide whats best. Like I said not one has ever said what I saw on message board kept me from considering that school

Just now, IUFLA said:

In conference, overall like 35% I believe...

Thanks,  some will see a player coming form a small school like UT Martin and think he won't be much help.  I would say look at Baylor and two of their top players came from the Big South conference and they are the #2 team in the country.

This is Parker Stewarts career stats and don't like the 3.3 TO's.  I would assume he was asked to handle the ball a lot and had a ot on his plate at UT Martin.
STATS
2019-20
2017-18
  MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
25 36.2 41.2 34.8 76.6 4.6 3.8 0.4 0.8 2.8 3.3 19.2
32 26.2 38.3 38.6 80.0 3.3 0.9 0.2 0.4 1.6 0.6 9.1

11 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

In conference he shot 42%. For the year 39%. His percentages dropped with higher usage and less structure at UT Martin.

First thing I noticed is that he shoots with confidence and is ready to shoot before he gets the ball.  Also that Pitt team was not good because in those highlights they were getting killed most of the time.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:
This is Parker Stewarts career stats and don't like the 3.3 TO's.  I would assume he was asked to handle the ball a lot and had a ot on his plate at UT Martin.
STATS
2019-20
2017-18

Why does he transfer every year?  

Parker Stewart - Men's Basketball - UTM Athletics (utmsports.com)

His Bio

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

Why does he transfer every year?  

I thought I heard he transferred from Pitt to be closer to his Dad who was the HC at UT Martin.  His dad just died this year so I think that is why he is looking to transfer now.  In his bio it said he just graduated with a degree in Business Administration.

PERSONAL: Born on July 5, 1998...Son of Cheryl and the late Anthony Stewart...Has two siblings, Anthony and Skylar...Father Anthony was the head coach at UT Martin from 2016-20...Graduated from UT Martin in the summer of 2019, becoming the first-ever Skyhawk student-athlete to graduate in two years...Earned his Master's degree in business administration from UT Martin after the 2020 fall semester.

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A lottery pick that was in the 4 to 7 range and ended up 14th. The guys that do the mock drafts have mostly said that RL would have been better off not playing any at IU. those are the types if things that 5 star kids look at

I really really really respected and appreciated that Romeo played hurt. He should have shut it down and not played and he would have been a top 5 pick. He lost a lot of money and set back his recovery quite a bit. I wish we had a better team around him because we could have had a special season but the kid sacrificed for IU.

Just now, dgambill said:

I really really really respected and appreciated that Romeo played hurt. He should have shut it down and not played and he would have been a top 5 pick. He lost a lot of money and set back his recovery quite a bit. I wish we had a better team around him because we could have had a special season but the kid sacrificed for IU.

I haven't look back to old mock drafts but was Romeo definitely a top 5 pick before his first year at IU.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:
STATS
2019-20
2017-18

I watched him play at UT Martin. Kid could score in bunches...but he also was given the keys to do what he wants. He virtually played 40 mins and his dad never got on him for a bad shot or forcing things. The turnovers are a result of playing on a very very bad team and him having no structure. He put up big numbers but that team chucked 3s like they were the Houston Rockets.....and lost a TON of games. My worry is he didn’t make them better despite being the best player on the floor night in and night out. He really was a mismatch physically and skill wise for most kids in the OVC but his play really didn’t move the needle for his team. If he will fit in to the program and accept a lesser role the kid could certainly help us in shooting category. If he just wants to chuck it up and get his numbers and get more attention for the nba which he withdrew his name from then no thanks. He is a smart kid though...has his masters already. Just not sure because of how his career has gone what’s important to him and what we will get with his attitude. Being the coaches son and having free reign could lead to a headcase like Devonte (with similar offensive upside) but hurt team chemistry. Or he may accept a role and come in and help us because he did that at Pitt for a year.

Archived