Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

5 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

I think that is putting it kindly.  Our offensive guard play appears to be near the bottom of the Big 10.  Defensively they are solid, but they aren't going to shut down the talented Big 10 guards. 

I think Galloway has so much potential but I think he is just moving too fast. Once the game slows down for him he is gonna he so good. Everything is so rushed right now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of thoughts.  People say guard, but dollars to doughnuts, I think he’s a 3.  He’s not a shooter with range.  He’s really tough and gets in the boards too for a 6’4 guy.   

Most importantly, his ability to create and get his own shot would be immensely helpful.   If you’re watching IU, I think we all can see we need that outside of TJD.   

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

A couple of thoughts.  People say guard, but dollars to doughnuts, I think he’s a 3.  He’s not a shooter with range.  He’s really tough and gets in the boards too for a 6’4 guy.   

Most importantly, his ability to create and get his own shot would be immensely helpful.   If you’re watching IU, I think we all can see we need that outside of TJD.   

I agree, he's more of an undersized small forward than a shooting guard. I think his college decision will be based on which coach he thinks can help him improve his range since he'll need to do that as he'll be a shooting guard in the NBA.

13 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I agree, he's more of an undersized small forward than a shooting guard. I think his college decision will be based on which coach he thinks can help him improve his range since he'll need to do that as he'll be a shooting guard in the NBA.

I know which school I am picking if that is his criteria.  

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think Galloway has so much potential but I think he is just moving too fast. Once the game slows down for him he is gonna he so good. Everything is so rushed right now.

Looking to drive and kick to much. kid can get to the rim any time he wants, just needs to finish strong. Stop the double  pumping when he does try to lay it in.

9 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Our guard play has been so pedestrian, Aminu could come in and get big minutes day one. 

I love Armaan but we have to get more offense from him. He had so many looks and I’m afraid he wasn’t even close to being on target last night. With Al gone we are going to need someone finishing at the rim and in that mid range game. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Looking to drive and kick to much. kid can get to the rim any time he wants, just needs to finish strong. Stop the double  pumping when he does try to lay it in.

I liked Robs take to the rim last night when he tried to flush it. Just go up strong and you’ll likely get the benefit of the call but all that pumping and avoiding people only hurts your chances for a call or even finishing it.

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Uh oh. 

I'm not basing this on any inside knowledge so take it with a huge grain of salt. It's just my suspicion from watching this recruitment, reading what has been said about his game and its strengths and weaknesses, that he considered the G League, and things like that.

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think since we play basically a 3 guard offense it doesn’t matter what we call him. His size and athleticism means he should be able to guard bigger wings. He wouldn’t get shot over like Armaan last night with the Barnes kid.

With IU you see a couple of primary guys bringing the ball up and maybe a third guard up the court setting up.  I see him as the guy up the court not in a play making role.  I could actually see him at a tight angle on the wing with his back to the basket taking a guy low off the dribble and powering it in.  I see him more in that spot than out at the three point line drifting.  

I hate where I am but if we get him great and if not oh well. I love Indiana basketball but if we win great if not oh well.  I have come to the conclusion in my lifetime it  never be what it once was. Losses used to truly keep me up all night after games. Pre game I was so pumped now its just different  IU is and for far too long just another team that plays college basketball.  I hate it, I hate my kids have never known IU greatness and may never. Is it too much to ask for that. 

I agree with you. I remember when team’s figured they only had a 5% chance of winning at IU , but only had about a 20% chance at winning on their home court. 

I hate that we have become just another game on there schedule! Another one of my concerns is that these Juco, Transfers, and high school hot shots that can really shoot seem to bypass IU. After they should know they could come in and see the floor if they can hit from outside. 

Its  no secret, you have to score to win! But to be great you can’t be one dimensional. Archie knows this he just hasn’t been able to recruit us out of it. Maybe this year? Season is early! 

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

Is this good or bad for us?  I thought I read someone say the longer this plays out the worse it is for IU.  

I would say if he waits to enroll until next year the worse it is for us.  Since Georgia and Georgetown don't have a spot for him this year and we do so if he decides to enroll in January we would be in a good spot.

Archived