Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the guy I referenced two days ago thought he would enroll in January but who knows with this recruitment.  Either way someone is wrong with their knowledge of the scholarship situation.  You would hope that a guy who writes for Rivals would do some research before posting this if it is not true.

The rivals guy is wrong. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, rico said:

Ya know, this is kind of ironic that you brought that last name up.  I am pretty sure there was another "traitor" from Indiana that attended UK.  From Hamilton, whose last name was Heinz.  LOL

Tom Heitz...I remember him well...I don't know who my dad hated more...Him, Louie Dampier, or Jim Masters...

14 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Wonder how he enjoys not playing for UK

I can’t remember a kid in recent years who got worse advice than Brooks.  He doesn’t fit what is going on at UK, and he would have literally been featured at IU.  His playing style would have been ideal here at forward.  

But what do you do when a kid’s mentors need mentoring themselves?  Sometimes you have a dad or uncle or coach who played college ball and so they think they have unique insight.  The problem is they can overconfidently lead the kid down the wrong path.  The mentor’s baggage gets in the way and the kid makes an ill-advised decision.  Brooks will have squandered his first two years, and let’s see if he keeps banging his head against the wall or ends up someplace else.  

This isn’t sour grapes.  It’s analysis.  

30 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I can’t remember a kid in recent years who got worse advice than Brooks.  He doesn’t fit what is going on at UK, and he would have literally been featured at IU.  His playing style would have been ideal here at forward.  

But what do you do when a kid’s mentors need mentoring themselves?  Sometimes you have a dad or uncle or coach who played college ball and so they think they have unique insight.  The problem is they can overconfidently lead the kid down the wrong path.  The mentor’s baggage gets in the way and the kid makes an ill-advised decision.  Brooks will have squandered his first two years, and let’s see if he keeps banging his head against the wall or ends up someplace else.  

This isn’t sour grapes.  It’s analysis.  

How do we know how he would of played this year so far?  He has been hurt.  Was he a potential starter this year?

45 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

"Time to be selfish!"

You were, dad.  Good call...

Archived