Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone know why this kid has so few offers despite the fact that every recruiting site has him ranked in the top 15?

Would be awesome to have him and Lander in the backcourt together! 

I think it has something to do with either Bass Pro or possibly Mongolian BBQ.  :coffee:

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone know why this kid has so few offers despite the fact that every recruiting site has him ranked in the top 15?

Would be awesome to have him and Lander in the backcourt together! 

A lot of times it means the recruit is seen to have such a heavy lean it isn't worth getting involved.....or someone is wanting something under the table and scaring away legit programs. I haven't heard of either in this instance. Perhaps its the fact he plays a pretty poor HS schedule since I think it is just 2A in Missouri. He was adopted and came from Africa like his brother. So basically brought over just to play ball. Maybe his unusual circumstances has caused some to shy away.

7 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Depending upon how long he's been in the U.S., perhaps concern for his academics is keeping schools away.  

Good point. I can't recall the name off hand.  However, if memory serves correctly, we had a player with an African background, not that long ago,  have to sit for a semester. In order to catch up on academics, before he could start playing.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Plenty of visits from our staff over the last 6-7 months. We know the in state guys but I'd say this kid is priority #1 for out of state talent.

Well he said last night that Indiana has made him a priority. So this would be pretty accurate.

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Well he said last night that Indiana has made him a priority. So this would be pretty accurate.

Good to hear. Didn't hear the interview yet. That street for elite 2021 talent whether in or out of state is a 2 way street. Glad Archie and staff are identifying and prioritizing players so we aren't in a KB situation again. No guarantees of any of the elite 21 guys coming so good to start working outside the state lines too.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good to hear. Didn't hear the interview yet. That street for elite 2021 talent whether in or out of state is a 2 way street. Glad Archie and staff are identifying and prioritizing players so we aren't in a KB situation again. No guarantees of any of the elite 21 guys coming so good to start working outside the state lines too.

Yes...we kind of did that with Trey and Anthony last year with the Morton and others recruitment. Showed them we want you but this is a business....and we won't hesitate to go with a contingency plan.

47 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Maybe we can get lucky with either him or Trey Patterson. Both seem to be quite unlikely though.

Just win and see what happens. 

I don't know. We took 3 kids last year almost all in the 100 range who were 6'5/6'6. We also have shown to play Justin in bigger lineups at the 3 or had him alongside Hunter/Damezi at the 4 too. I think Patterson can play the 4 honestly. He is very strong but can go inside out easily. Mohammed is more a scorer and smaller and definitely a wing. Patterson is like 6'8 and yes can play the wing but I see similar to Smith.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

So any updates on our interaction with Mohammed? 

Pretty quiet on recruiting news in season. Would like to get him on an official visit to one of the games. Kid is definitely a scorer...you can see the need we have and how he would fit. Scores at all 3 levels. This team needs someone to give it a shot in the arm and he can do it for sure. He plays in a smaller division in the state so the competition isn't always the best but he had a huge tournament about a month ago. Kid went for 48pts and 22 rebounds in the championship game...including 26 of 27pts in the second half for his team to win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news-leader.com/amp/2778857001

Archived