Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mohammed and Lander are exactly what this roster needs.  Didn't Archie literally say that "re-classification" is one of the categories of recruiting that was a possibility?  This will never happen because we are so snakebit, but imagine if these two re-classified to 2020 and came to IU. 

I believe Archie has said a class of 4-5 was possible. 

Could I interest anyone in this lineup?

• Lander
  • Mohammed
  • Hunter
  • Thompson
  • TJD

Bench players: Brunk, Phinisee, Franklin, et al.

We don't just need a point guard.  We also need a wing player that you can toss the ball to, and let him go to work as a scorer, a variety of ways.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Mohammed and Lander are exactly what this roster needs.  Didn't Archie literally say that "re-classification" is one of the categories of recruiting that was a possibility?  This will never happen because we are so snakebit, but imagine if these two re-classified to 2020 and came to IU. 

• Lander
  • Mohammed
  • Hunter
  • Thompson
  • TJD

We don't just need a point guard.  We also need a wing player that you can toss the ball to, and let him go to work as a scorer, a variety of ways.

Its post like this that get my Hope's up. 

The kid is well put together. Should be able to come in and as a freshman contribute right away at both ends. He isn't a strong 3pt shooter but I would say adequate. His ability to get where he wants on the court and strength to finish is his strength. I could see this kid living at the free throw line in Archie's offense. Hopefully he isn't as snake bitten there as the rest of our team lol.

20 hours ago, dgambill said:

The kid is well put together. Should be able to come in and as a freshman contribute right away at both ends. He isn't a strong 3pt shooter but I would say adequate. His ability to get where he wants on the court and strength to finish is his strength. I could see this kid living at the free throw line in Archie's offense. Hopefully he isn't as snake bitten there as the rest of our team lol.

Build and game remind me of Andres Feliz of Illinois...

18 hours ago, bstall76 said:

He is a decent shooter, but not great.  I would expect Al, Jerome, Phinesse to all shoot better than Leal will as a freshman.

Leal will finish his career as a better 3 point shooter than all of them. But given that they all will have the experience, I expect them to shoot a higher % than him next year. The biggest difference though is that Leal can create his own shot. He is confident with it. None of the others do much beyond shooting open shots when it comes to 3s. But being a freshman can mess with your confidence. Leal seems like he might have that Sheehey effect where he will never be short on confidence. 

6 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Leal will finish his career as a better 3 point shooter than all of them. But given that they all will have the experience, I expect them to shoot a higher % than him next year. The biggest difference though is that Leal can create his own shot. He is confident with it. None of the others do much beyond shooting open shots when it comes to 3s. But being a freshman can mess with your confidence. Leal seems like he might have that Sheehey effect where he will never be short on confidence. 

Agree 100% with what you said.

6 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Hearing Leal has the Sheehey effect is enough for me..loved Sheehey and his attitude...this team could use some of this.

11 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

this is one I would really like.  Kid is averaging 16 rebounds per game?  Don't care what competition you're playing against, averaging 16 rebs per game is flat out getting after it.  Would be a nice bump in tenacity for the team

He is playing smaller division in Missouri but he seems to be aggressive. A guy that doesn't mind contact and likes to get to the rim. A guy that can create his own shot...something that will help us with some of the guys like Hunter, Leal and Galloway who hopefully can be good knock down scorers.

I get that he's playing in the smallest division of schools in Missouri but his consistency in scoring and rebounding game in and game out is impressive.  And you have to assume he's faced almost every conceivable kind of defense from his opponents and he still puts up big numbers.    Not to mention that he posted solid numbers last summer playing up on the Boo Williams AAU team on the Nike circuit.  Something like 16 pts. and 8 reb. against a significantly higher level of competition.  I really hope we can land this kid.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:31 PM, IU4Ever said:

I get that he's playing in the smallest division of schools in Missouri but his consistency in scoring and rebounding game in and game out is impressive.  And you have to assume he's faced almost every conceivable kind of defense from his opponents and he still puts up big numbers.    Not to mention that he posted solid numbers last summer playing up on the Boo Williams AAU team on the Nike circuit.  Something like 16 pts. and 8 reb. against a significantly higher level of competition.  I really hope we can land this kid.

Oh no doubt...he had like 48 pts and over 20 rebs in a tourney championship game earlier this year. It wasn’t bad competition either. Kid plays real hard. He has a real aggressive mindset which is good. Can be a spark plug scorer for sure.

5 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

I read we lead for this guy and that he is coming for a visit this spring...i wish i could remember which article it was...was reading several at the time..🤷‍♂️

Yeah it’s happening. I’ve heard speculation that it could be around little 500 but I’m not completely sure on that.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:28 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

• Lander
  • Mohammed
  • Hunter
  • Thompson
  • TJD

Has there been any indication he's contemplating a reclassification? I haven't seen it in any of the articles I've read.

Archived