Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you sir.  IU is crossing second base. Not at third yet. And for sure not home.  But... we are on the way. Thanks mostly to one of our assistants who has been hard on the case.

Saw Mile bringing some knowledge about Aminu from another thread and thought it deserved to be posted here as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hope our timing works out for this one. It's like when Cody  said he was coming back we got Yogi (although he probably was still coming). Sounds like Aminu knows and understands what we all do. Playing with elite level PG like Lander can only help his own game.

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really hope our timing works out for this one. It's like when Cody  said he was coming back we got Yogi (although he probably was still coming). Sounds like Aminu knows and understands what we all do. Playing with elite level PG like Lander can only help his own game.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

This thread needs bumped as there's a lot of chatter about Mohammed in another thread.  Sounds like IU is really pushing hard for him and imagining him and Lander sharing a backcourt makes me drool...

Agree 100%. Would be likely our best backcourt in a long long time. Imaging them with guys like Anthony, Trey, Jordan, and Hunter on the wings with them...Archie is really upgrading this team folks. The talent level is about to go to a place we haven't seen in a good 5-6 years.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agree 100%. Would be likely our best backcourt in a long long time. Imaging them with guys like Anthony, Trey, Jordan, and Hunter on the wings with them...Archie is really upgrading this team folks. The talent level is about to go to a place we haven't seen in a good 5-6 years.

Agree all day long. I'm really trying to contain my optimism because of the past 20 years or so....but the Lander commit could and should really open these gates for guys like Mohammed....not to mention all the others we already have locked up. Exciting times!

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day long. I'm really trying to contain my optimism because of the past 20 years or so....but the Lander commit could and should really open these gates for guys like Mohammed....not to mention all the others we already have locked up. Exciting times!

We really need to lock up an out of state 5 star to get the attention of recruits on a national level and to also push the in state talent to realize that we can and will bring in those kids and if they want to be part of the IU program they need to sign up sooner than later. Lander is a guy that can be the link as you said to get a Mohammed and hopefully many more. 

22 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Again I say Archie needs to start winning and get IU back to relevancy......

When that happens, recruiting will take care of itself. We could be like the Dukes, NCs and pUKes of the college BBall of the world.....

Do we want to be the Duke’s NCs or UKs of the world? Honestly I’d rather be the Virginia and the Kansas of the world bringing in very talented players but them staying for more then one year and watching them develop into absolute ballers like Kyle Guy, Deandre Hunter, Devonte Graham, and many others. You could argue that up until last year that UNC was like that with Maye staying and Berry and Pinson and those guys. I’d rather not be duke and UK and just going through talent every year. Give me guys that will stay more then one year and develop and win which is what I would think Aminu would be

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

When that happens, recruiting will take care of itself. We could be like the Dukes, NCs and pUKes of the college BBall of the world.....

Or when recruiting picks up winning will take care of itself.

Chicken/egg?

3 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Do we want to be the Duke’s NCs or UKs of the world? Honestly I’d rather be the Virginia and the Kansas of the world bringing in very talented players but them staying for more then one year and watching them develop into absolute ballers like Kyle Guy, Deandre Hunter, Devonte Graham, and many others. You could argue that up until last year that UNC was like that with Maye staying and Berry and Pinson and those guys. I’d rather not be duke and UK and just going through talent every year. Give me guys that will stay more then one year and develop and win which is what I would think Aminu would be

Coach K seems to be doing pretty good the last time I looked.....

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So winning 20 games with a back court that couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn in the toughest conference in basketball without a full team of “his guys” your expectations are way to demanding. I think he’s proven that he’s getting the guys he wants to build a powerhouse of the future and people need to be patient.

6 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

Apologies if this goes off topic but I disagree with you and I'd love to see us recruit like UNC.  i'd like to be upfront that I am a Har Heels fan after the Hoosiers but you did say one could argue about UNC so I'll take a shot at it.  I think UNC's recruiting is ideal because they get high talent guys but get them to stick around for 3 or 4 years then go to the NBA and have longevity such as Theo Pinson, Justin Jackson, Cam Johnson, and Harrison Barnes.  I don't think it's fair to say that Roy has changed his recruiting to one and dones because the only one and dones he's had are Tony Bradley who was a bit of a surprise to go after one, Nassir Little who we will admit was a bit of a disappointment but no surprise he went, Cole Anthony this year but everyone would take him even knowing he'd be there a year, and Coby White who was a stud and was considering staying but Roy told him it was the best decision for him to go.  Again I'll admit I could be biased but I think UNC gets too much stick so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Vincent14 said:

Apologies if this goes off topic but I disagree with you and I'd love to see us recruit like UNC.  i'd like to be upfront that I am a Har Heels fan after the Hoosiers but you did say one could argue about UNC so I'll take a shot at it.  I think UNC's recruiting is ideal because they get high talent guys but get them to stick around for 3 or 4 years then go to the NBA and have longevity such as Theo Pinson, Justin Jackson, Cam Johnson, and Harrison Barnes.  I don't think it's fair to say that Roy has changed his recruiting to one and dones because the only one and dones he's had are Tony Bradley who was a bit of a surprise to go after one, Nassir Little who we will admit was a bit of a disappointment but no surprise he went, Cole Anthony this year but everyone would take him even knowing he'd be there a year, and Coby White who was a stud and was considering staying but Roy told him it was the best decision for him to go.  Again I'll admit I could be biased but I think UNC gets too much stick so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I agree with what you’re saying which is why I said you could argue me into UNC recruiting but not the others in my sight. I would say I think Roy is more one and done now then he was say three or four years ago. I mean the ones you stated and Anthony this year, Caleb Love next year probabaly as well as a few others next year probably. Also Cam Johnson doesn’t count because he was a transfer not a recruit I feel.

5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Coach K seems to be doing pretty good the last time I looked.....

I’ll take his teams with the seniors when he won most of national championships over his one and dones seasons and I am a partial duke fan do my fiancé and her family. Young players struggle with the tournament so I’ll take a veteran team over that. When is the last team full of one and dones won the championship? Duke 2015? Name another one before that?

3 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

How about Coby White from last year and Marvin Williams from 2005 because they were one and done as well.  even though I don't like Roy Williams I agree for the most part he has not gotten the one and done and built his roster from 15-70 ranked players.

2 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

hI agree with what you’re saying which is why I said you could argue me into UNC recruiting but not the others in my sight. I would say I think Roy is more one and done now then he was say three or four years ago. I mean the ones you stated and Anthony this year, Caleb Love next year probabaly as well as a few others next year probably. Also Cam Johnson doesn’t count because he was a transfer not a recruit I feel.

Although they have a stud recruiting class coming in I'd be surprise any are one and done.  Caleb Love could probably go anywhere and be a one and done if he wanted but looking at UNC's track record with PGs I see him sticking around at least a second year.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

How about Coby White from last year and Marvin Williams from 2005 because they were one and done as well.  even though I don't like Roy Williams I agree for the most part he has not gotten the one and done and built his roster from 15-70 ranked players.

I did mention Coby White in there.  He was a highly talented kid from North Carolina and wasn't a expected to be a sure fire one and done by any means.  I believe Roy developed into being a top 10 pick.

7 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

Although they have a stud recruiting class coming in I'd be surprise any are one and done.  Caleb Love could probably go anywhere and be a one and done if he wanted but looking at UNC's track record with PGs I see him sticking around at least a second year.

Caleb love will not be a one and done. IMO he reminds me of a little better version of KBJ AKA catsup bottle. He can score when he wants but he doesn’t have the mental game doesn’t play great defense and he showboats too much. He played DJ Steward and Steward put 48 while love put up 20. 

11 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

I did mention Coby White in there.  He was a highly talented kid from North Carolina and wasn't a expected to be a sure fire one and done by any means.  I believe Roy developed into being a top 10 pick.

He started dominating in Chicago and was about to start starting. He’s going to be really good for the Bulls if they can ever get a superstar to sign.

15 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

Ok but all schools are dodgy with their classes. 😂

"Dodgy"?  That's smearing a lot of lipstick on that giant pig.  North Carolina literally made up fake classes mostly for athletes to get A's.  That's well beyond dodgy.

11 hours ago, HoosierKix said:

I’ll take his teams with the seniors when he won most of national championships over his one and dones seasons and I am a partial duke fan do my fiancé and her family. Young players struggle with the tournament so I’ll take a veteran team over that. When is the last team full of one and dones won the championship? Duke 2015? Name another one before that?

IIRC that 2015 Duke team had a few upperclassmen?

32 minutes ago, rico said:

IIRC that 2015 Duke team had a few upperclassmen?

You are correct! I didn't realize that Cook, Jefferson, and Plumlee were all still on that team. I thought they mostly had one and dones with Jahil Okafor, Tyus Jones, and Justice Winslow, but not even they were led by one and dones. So when is the last team led by one and dones to win a championship? Kentucky 2012?

Archived