Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

On 4/11/2020 at 12:10 AM, IUwins0708 said:

IUs in the thick of this one.  Real possibility for the Hoosiers.

This thread just went stale in a hurry but I see Mo as a bonus for what CAM has been able to accomplish with the HOMEGROWN.  I realize what were in the middle of but cant help but fantasize what this kid could do to the program!  Losing out to the bigger fish is not the issue here as long as we gave 110 % in letting the prey know we wanted him!!  From what I read, their looking for a program to show much love & hope that doesn't translate to $$!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

This thread just went stale in a hurry but I see Mo as a bonus for what CAM has been able to accomplish with the HOMEGROWN.  I realize what were in the middle of but cant help but fantasize what this kid could do to the program!  Losing out to the bigger fish is not the issue here as long as we gave 110 % in letting the prey know we wanted him!!  From what I read, their looking for a program to show much love & hope that doesn't translate to $$!

I agree I want more Aminu news lol 😂 hope CAM and company are putting on a full court press here..offering a virtual visit with the promise of an actual one later

14 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I agree I want more Aminu news lol 😂 hope CAM and company are putting on a full court press here..offering a virtual visit with the promise of an actual one later

Yes sir, me too but have this uneasy feeling when it comes to this type of talent that the best fit program will not prevail.  This one has the smell of "If it seems to be to good to be true, it probably isn't"!  I will say if it does happen, it will be a significant game changer for our Hoosiers and possibly a banner ceremony but the more I see the vids the more I'm skeptical. 

2 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Yes sir, me too but have this uneasy feeling when it comes to this type of talent that the best fit program will not prevail.  This one has the smell of "If it seems to be to good to be true, it probably isn't"!  I will say if it does happen, it will be a significant game changer for our Hoosiers and possibly a banner ceremony but the more I see the vids the more I'm skeptical. A really huge get by CAM if comes true and just may be his signature moment but just doesn't pass the smell test quite yet!

I’ll be honest I’m a pessimist on most recruits so I won’t help your thoughts lol

Just now, gnet550 said:

I’ll be honest I’m a pessimist on most recruits so I won’t help your thoughts lol

Yeah me too, especially when it comes to 5 star talent away from the state of Indiana but some intel on here got me excited until I watched the vids on the kid!  This kids camp will want the full treatment before too long so better just move on with what we have than dream about what we can't have!

• 2 weeks later...

Man, can't help but dream what could be if this young man commits to this program!  With ALL of Hoosier Nation getting a gift in a TJD sequel, it's a must that we take advantage of the Stars alignment to say thank you very much!!!  If Aminu's guardian has the interest to tweet shouts out to our returning players it means there is real interest among the camp.  Hope CAM can catch this big fish and if he does big things are about to happen for HSN!

8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Man, can't help but dream what could be if this young man commits to this program!  With ALL of Hoosier Nation getting a gift in a TJD sequel, it's a must that we take advantage of the Stars alignment to say thank you very much!!!  If Aminu's guardian has the interest to tweet shouts out to our returning players it means there is real interest among the camp.  Hope CAM can catch this big fish and if he does big things are about to happen for HSN!

This isn’t directed at you but I don’t get the infatuation with this guy. We need players who can actually make a high percentage of their shots as well as being good at other aspects of the game. Other than highlights I don’t know much about him other than he is ranked highly. His scoring and rebounding stats are nice but I don’t think that will transfer to college without being able to shoot better than he does.jmho

40 minutes ago, Cutter said:

This isn’t directed at you but I don’t get the infatuation with this guy. We need players who can actually make a high percentage of their shots as well as being good at other aspects of the game. Other than highlights I don’t know much about him other than he is ranked highly. His scoring and rebounding stats are nice but I don’t think that will transfer to college without being able to shoot better than he does.jmho

Because physically he's already imposing and has the kind of length/athleticism that you simply can't teach. He's the kind of guy who can come in and start right away. Yes would be disappointing if he was a one and done, but this is the caliber of kid if who stayed for 2-3 years has All-American potential. 

27 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Because physically he's already imposing and has the kind of length/athleticism that you simply can't teach. He's the kind of guy who can come in and start right away. Yes would be disappointing if he was a one and done, but this is the caliber of kid if who stayed for 2-3 years has All-American potential. 

I guess my point is he can’t shoot. Troy Williams had the things you talk of and he had lots of issues on the court. I don’t think he would start right away. He is ranked high nationally but that doesn’t alway work out. You can’t sacrifice shooting and basketball instincts on the 2 and 3 spots just because a kid is physically gifted. If he can’t hit the shots from distance teams will just back of of him and take away the drive and clog the middle up making our bigs less of a force. We have been seeing this problem for a few years now and in my opinion don’t need to continue down that path. I would rather we take either or both of the other two kids at this spot that we are recruiting. Jmho

6 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I guess my point is he can’t shoot. Troy Williams had the things you talk of and he had lots of issues on the court. I don’t think he would start right away. He is ranked high nationally but that doesn’t alway work out. You can’t sacrifice shooting and basketball instincts on the 2 and 3 spots just because a kid is physically gifted. If he can’t hit the shots from distance teams will just back of of him and take away the drive and clog the middle up making our bigs less of a force. We have been seeing this problem for a few years now and in my opinion don’t need to continue down that path. I would rather we take either or both of the other two kids at this spot that we are recruiting. Jmho

Oladipo couldn't dribble and walk at the same time as a freshman. He was a 24% career 3pt shooter through 2 years yet still not only played a lot but impacted the game, especially as a sophomore. You don't have to be a 40% shooter to impact the game. Someone with Mohammed's combination of size and athleticism makes him a lethal combination on both ends of the floor. 

And I'm not sure how Troy Williams didn't work out? You telling me Archie couldn't have used a Troy Williams the last 3 years? An athletic slasher who can score in a variety of ways? We've yet to have that type of player. Justin Smith is close but hasn't produced like Troy Williams. If Mohammed's floor is Troy Williams I'd take him in a heart beat.  

15 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Oladipo couldn't dribble and walk at the same time as a freshman. He was a 24% career 3pt shooter through 2 years yet still not only played a lot but impacted the game, especially as a sophomore. You don't have to be a 40% shooter to impact the game. Someone with Mohammed's combination of size and athleticism makes him a lethal combination on both ends of the floor. 

And I'm not sure how Troy Williams didn't work out? You telling me Archie couldn't have used a Troy Williams the last 3 years? An athletic slasher who can score in a variety of ways? We've yet to have that type of player. Justin Smith is close but hasn't produced like Troy Williams. If Mohammed's floor is Troy Williams I'd take him in a heart beat.  

Yeah I know about victor and he is the exception not the rule. How about Jordan Hulls how important was he to the team? We could throw out names all day like Steve Alford who couldn’t guard a couch and was not so called college ready body. We would have not won in 87 without him. So I will have my opinion and you have yours I am good with that. Of course most things on here are opinions 

4 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Yeah I know about victor and he is the exception not the rule. How about Jordan Hulls how important was he to the team? We could throw out names all day like Steve Alford who couldn’t guard a couch and was not so called college ready body. We would have not won in 87 without him. So I will have my opinion and you have yours I am good with that. Of course most things on here are opinions 

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Jordan Hulls was certainly a great player and a top flight shooter, but also had his limitations given his size and athleticism. Who was more important to IU's 2013 B10 championship? Hulls or Oladipo? What about IU's last B10 title in 2016, Zeisloft or Troy Williams. I understand wanting the need for shooters at every position, but you aren't going to pass up on a player of Aminu's talent simply because he's not a great shooter. 

30 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Jordan Hulls was certainly a great player and a top flight shooter, but also had his limitations given his size and athleticism. Who was more important to IU's 2013 B10 championship? Hulls or Oladipo? What about IU's last B10 title in 2016, Zeisloft or Troy Williams. I understand wanting the need for shooters at every position, but you aren't going to pass up on a player of Aminu's talent simply because he's not a great shooter. 

To say who is more important would be a matter of opinion. One may have not been as good without the other but that is an opinion too. I was trying to say nicely in the post you quoted me as you have your opinion and I have mine not asking you to agree with it and I obviously don’t agree with yours I will say it again I would prefer the kid from Indiana or Pennsylvania or where ever he is from than the kid from Missouri or where ever he is from. 

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Troy Williams had some issues in his game when he arrived, but I'll take a guy that averages over 13ppg his sophomore and junior seasons, shooting over 50% from the field and over 36% from 3 combined in those seasons, any day of the week. I agree IU needs shooting, but for every Jordan Hulls and Nick Zeisloft, I'll also take a Troy Williams and Victor Oladipo. While we'd all love the perfect player, you need the skills and attributes that both sets of players offer. 

4 minutes ago, Cutter said:

To say who is more important would be a matter of opinion. One may have not been as good without the other but that is an opinion too. I was trying to say nicely in the post you quoted me as you have your opinion and I have mine not asking you to agree with it and I obviously don’t agree with yours I will say it again I would prefer the kid from Indiana or Pennsylvania or where ever he is from than the kid from Missouri or where ever he is from. 

Why not both? There's 3 available scholarships with Anderson transferring out. One is obviously there for Kaufman and then two available for Mohammed/Wesley/Longino. Longino is a great shooter but outside his shooting ability Mohammed blows him away in every skill set and physical trait. Mohammed has the physical tools to come in and be an immediate impact player from day 1. Longino is certainly a rotation player as a freshman given his ability to shoot, but doesn't have the athleticism or skill set to be a 30 mpg player as a freshman.  

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Troy Williams had some issues in his game when he arrived, but I'll take a guy that averages over 13ppg his sophomore and junior seasons, shooting over 50% from the field and over 36% from 3 combined in those seasons, any day of the week. I agree IU needs shooting, but for every Jordan Hulls and Nick Zeisloft, I'll also take a Troy Williams and Victor Oladipo. While we'd all love the perfect player, you need the skills and attributes that both sets of players offer. 

Armaan Franklin, Trey Galloway, Anthony Leal I feel are going to be what we need and I think Wesley and the other kid would compliment the team better than the other kid. That’s my opinion and I could care or less if anyone on this board agrees with me lol. I look on this board for entertainment not to be right or wrong lol. I am glad I have a job and family that are more important than IU sports 

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Why not both? There's 3 available scholarships with Anderson transferring out. One is obviously there for Kaufman and then two available for Mohammed/Wesley/Longino. Longino is a great shooter but outside his shooting ability Mohammed blows him away in every skill set and physical trait. Mohammed has the physical tools to come in and be an immediate impact player from day 1. Longino is certainly a rotation player as a freshman given his ability to shoot, but doesn't have the athleticism or skill set to be a 30 mpg player as a freshman.  

I can agree to that

9 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Armaan Franklin, Trey Galloway, Anthony Leal I feel are going to be what we need and I think Wesley and the other kid would compliment the team better than the other kid. That’s my opinion and I could care or less if anyone on this board agrees with me lol. I look on this board for entertainment not to be right or wrong lol. I am glad I have a job and family that are more important than IU sports 

What's with the attitude? We're just having a discussion, isn't that the entire point of a message board? 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What's with the attitude? We're just having a discussion, isn't that the entire point of a message board? 

Yes you are right. I don’t usually post, thought I would throw an opinion out there, but trying to work and respond today is not a good idea with my limited time my apologies if I come across the wrong way

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

9 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Yes you are right. I don’t usually post, thought I would throw an opinion out there, but trying to work and respond today is not a good idea with my limited time my apologies if I come across the wrong way

It's the covid-19 fault I tell ya! Everybody has thin skin now.....

Need to get out more....

Archived