Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

31 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Last I saw was December or possibly November signing period.

Doesn't seem like a reclassification if true so I think we can rule that out of a possibility right?  I'm hoping in the next 5 or 6 months that the "SHARKS" don't smell blood in the water and look to bite!  If MD or IU hasn't moved the needle enough to commit, I'm curious if a KY, NC, MSU, KS or Duke interest would make a difference even if by a bit?  Could this Pandemic be a blessing in disguise or will that dream be flushed at the enemy's despise?  The longer it goes for the chances of these High Profile teams, the longer the odds for HSN it may seem.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Doesn't seem like a reclassification if true so I think we can rule that out of a possibility right?  I'm hoping in the next 5 or 6 months that the "SHARKS" don't smell blood in the water and look to bite!  If MD or IU hasn't moved the needle enough to commit, I'm curious if a KY, NC, MSU, KS or Duke interest would make a difference even if by a bit?  Could this Pandemic be a blessing in disguise or will that dream be flushed at the enemy's despise?  The longer it goes for the chances of these High Profile teams, the longer the odds for HSN it may seem.

I know his guardian was saying they wanted to get to IU for an on campus visit. I think they want to physically see things, so that’s a hold up for sure

8 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I know his guardian was saying they wanted to get to IU for an on campus visit. I think they want to physically see things, so that’s a hold up for sure

Hasn’t he been to IU a few times?

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Yes but maybe it was an unofficial? Just for a game...anyone know this answer for sure?

RTZ is correct.  AM and IU have been talking about a date for an official since that time which was expected to be after the season.  Unfortunately the Pandemic has changed those plans.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:44 AM, slojoe said:

RTZ is correct.  AM and IU have been talking about a date for an official since that time which was expected to be after the season.  Unfortunately the Pandemic has changed those plans.

Bottom line is this kid has been on campus during an actual game time event so I ask, what will an actual official visit mean for his future as it seems a live event vs the Leagues best should be enough??  I'm telling all here, he's hoping for the BIG Dogg's to come calling.

The 2 articles from TDH sited in this thread note that he was setting up an official.  It doesn't really look like he's waiting on another offer.  Also, thought I read somewhere (not in any of the articles cited in this thread) that he is interested in the quality of the education.   I don't think the school he is going to is a basketball factory.  I don't think it would be unusual for a top 25 recruit to make more than one visit.

17 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The 2 articles from TDH sited in this thread note that he was setting up an official.  It doesn't really look like he's waiting on another offer.  Also, thought I read somewhere (not in any of the articles cited in this thread) that he is interested in the quality of the education.   I don't think the school he is going to is a basketball factory.  I don't think it would be unusual for a top 25 recruit to make more than one visit.

Understood and respect that mindset!  If I'm a prospect and I've been on campus during a live game atmosphere vs the best the league has to offer, what else is left that you need an official visit?  I'm asking here as I don't understand the circumstances that is being described.  I'm asking the coach's and scouts of the game to try to explain to me this mindset as it doesn't make sense if you've been on campus during the biggest stage. 

19 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Understood and respect that mindset!  If I'm a prospect and I've been on campus during a live game atmosphere vs the best the league has to offer, what else is left that you need an official visit?  I'm asking here as I don't understand the circumstances that is being described.  I'm asking the coach's and scouts of the game to try to explain to me this mindset as it doesn't make sense if you've been on campus during the biggest stage. 

If he cares about academics at all then he would want to be able to talk to people in that area.  Also on official visits he can see what the campus life is like and be able to hang with the players.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he cares about academics at all then he would want to be able to talk to people in that area.  Also on official visits he can see what the campus life is like and be able to hang with the players.

Since when has such a dynamic recruit cared about the academics part of the process?  I guess I'm overlooking this kid's skill set to believe that such a future dominant player cares so much about academics that it surely can't be true.  Here I believed we were actually in the running for a possible FR National Player of the year candidate but to hear that real intellect may be in the equation has me wondering!  No wonder KY, MSU or NC hasn't even sniffed in his direction as the kid seems to have a head!

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Since when has such a dynamic recruit cared about the academics part of the process?  I guess I'm overlooking this kid's skill set to believe that such a future dominant player cares so much about academics that it surely can't be true.  Here I believed we were actually in the running for a possible FR National Player of the year candidate but to hear that real intellect may be in the equation has me wondering!  No wonder KY, MSU or NC hasn't even sniffed in his direction as the kid seems to have a head!

You certainly could be correct, but you've made some assumptions that may not be true about this recruit.  Furthermore, even given your assumption that he's a OAD and doesn't need to find anything more about IU is  faulty.  As IUP said he was at IU for only the game.  He would need more information to make a good decision even if he's only planning on being here only one year.

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I think you are probably over hyping this kid because he has gotten those numbers against pretty weak competition.  Also we have had higher rates kids who has done quite well academically like Allan Henderson

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Cody Zeller says hello.

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That is correct.

6 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

I thought that I read that Mohammed drove in the morning of the Maryland game and drove back to Missouri that afternoon. So he probably barely got to see any of the town, facilities, etc. I assume that's why he is waiting for an OV.

If it is coming down to facilities and the town, we are in good shape here. I have lived in Bloomington and been to College Park many times... the coaches at UMCP will have to be very creative in their routes if they do not want College Park to seem like a dump... I assume they have upgraded facilities since being integrated into the B1G.

If academics, they are both very good schools.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:31 AM, IU Scott said:

I think you are probably over hyping this kid because he has gotten those numbers against pretty weak competition.  Also we have had higher rates kids who has done quite well academically like Allan Henderson

To be honest IU Scott, I haven't even looked at the numbers and could care less because the eye test says so much more!  MD is arguably the best this conf has to offer and if they see what I see, why don't IU?  Let's not let a top team in our conference land a player that could make them dominant when IU is right in the mix.  We shall see who is correct.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

Cody Zeller says hello.

HaHa okay I love our Hoosiers but C'mon, Zeller got MANHANDLED as a Soph before going Pro.  I love everything that Cody brought to HSN but we all can agree that Cody was part of the most underachieved team in our History or at least a tie!  If he would've just stayed one more yr, SIGH!

16 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

HaHa okay I love our Hoosiers but C'mon, Zeller got MANHANDLED as a Soph before going Pro.  I love everything that Cody brought to HSN but we all can agree that Cody was part of the most underachieved team in our History or at least a tie!  If he would've just stayed one more yr, SIGH!

Please tell me you are joking...

Per Game

Season School Conf G GS MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   SOS
Career Indiana   72 72 29.0 5.5 9.4 .592 5.5 9.3 .594 0.0 0.0 .000 5.0 6.6 .756 2.6 4.7 7.3 1.3 1.2 1.2 2.0 2.5 16.1   8.09
2011-12 Indiana Big Ten 36 36 28.5 5.6 8.9 .623 5.6 8.9 .623 0.0 0.0   4.5 6.0 .755 2.4 4.1 6.6 1.3 1.4 1.2 1.7 2.7 15.6   7.80
2012-13 Indiana Big Ten 36 36 29.5 5.5 9.8 .564 5.5 9.8 .567 0.0 0.1 .000 5.4 7.2 .757 2.8 5.2 8.0 1.3 1.0 1.3 2.3 2.2 16.5   8.38

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Please tell me you are joking...

Per Game

Season School Conf G GS MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   SOS
Career Indiana   72 72 29.0 5.5 9.4 .592 5.5 9.3 .594 0.0 0.0 .000 5.0 6.6 .756 2.6 4.7 7.3 1.3 1.2 1.2 2.0 2.5 16.1   8.09
2011-12 Indiana Big Ten 36 36 28.5 5.6 8.9 .623 5.6 8.9 .623 0.0 0.0   4.5 6.0 .755 2.4 4.1 6.6 1.3 1.4 1.2 1.7 2.7 15.6   7.80
2012-13 Indiana Big Ten 36 36 29.5 5.5 9.8 .564 5.5 9.8 .567 0.0 0.1 .000 5.4 7.2 .757 2.8 5.2 8.0 1.3 1.0 1.3 2.3 2.2 16.5   8.38

Those are great numbers but how did that work out during post season play, especially as a #1 seed?

27 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Those are great numbers but how did that work out during post season play, especially as a #1 seed?

There have been plenty of #1 seeds upset before the sweet 16.  One didn't get out of the first round.  Upsets happen and the tournament is a crap shoot every year, but Cody had two great seasons at IU.  His career certainly isn't defined by a bad game or two.

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I'm not quite sure what you are debating about here. I responded to your original comment questioning if there were high level recruits who valued education.

Your response is about how you perceived his success and that of the class that came in with him. We are not even talking about the same topic.

Archived