Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Wait, if I'm reading the the Auburn tweet right it looks like Mohammed wants to transition to PG or at least try it in college? I guess that kind of makes sense for a 6'4" SG with NBA aspirations who isn't a good shooter but this is the first I've seen he that he might be thinking that. 

Your not...he is talking about Mac Mclung who listed his top schools. This has nothing to do with Aminu

The more I read about this kid, the less I want him on our roster. I want kids who will meld into the concept of the team, not one who comes in with the expectations that CAM will tailor the team to focus on him. Also, with the drama that has surrounded Justin Smith and his dad on social media, the last thing the program needs right now is another distraction from this kid’s handlers.

I may be completely off base and Aminu may blow up and be the next It guy. If he is, good for him. I just would prefer our program not be his testing ground 

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The more I read about this kid, the less I want him on our roster. I want kids who will meld into the concept of the team, not one who comes in with the expectations that CAM will tailor the team to focus on him. Also, with the drama that has surrounded Justin Smith and his dad on social media, the last thing the program needs right now is another distraction from this kid’s handlers.

I may be completely off base and Aminu may blow up and be the next It guy. If he is, good for him. I just would prefer our program not be his testing ground 

I’m not big on players with a “entourage” or vocal circle but if Archie wants him...I want him. He hasn’t lead us wrong so far on the quality of our recruits so far.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Now I’m totally confused...oh well...nothing new.

If you have/had Twitter the posts before show mclung and his final schools he’s wanting to transfer. Harmon then is talking about those schools that Mclung listed as his final group. He is taking about where Mclung will fit, nothing to do with Aminu

Just now, gnet550 said:

If you have/had Twitter the posts before show mclung and his final schools he’s wanting to transfer. Harmon then is talking about those schools that Mclung listed as his final group. He is taking about where Mclung will fit, nothing to do with Aminu

Yeah...sorry don’t twit or face chat or any of that fancy stuff. Just reacting to what I saw here...but that does change context entirely. Thanks!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...sorry don’t twit or face chat or any of that fancy stuff. Just reacting to what I saw here...but that does change context entirely. Thanks!

I get it lol I just use twitter for sports info..:wasn’t trying to be a smart a$$ or anything just meant you could see the context if you had it.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The hottest of hot takes since he’s not talking about AM

12 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Your not...he is talking about Mac Mclung who listed his top schools. This has nothing to do with Aminu

Thanks for clarifying! Harmon's been talking so much about Aminu lately just assumed it was him. My apologies to board!

43 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Rick $tan$bury chronology.

May, 2017“Other than Calipari and K, no one scares me more on recruiting trail than Rick $tansbury."

^ Text to Jeff Goodman from a high major coach^ 

November, 2017: "I don’t think it’s surprising to most coaches who understand the AAUs, the shoe companies and all that," $tansbury said. "Everybody acts like it must have just started. Well, nah, I guess they just found out. I mean, this ain’t nothing new in college basketball."

October, 2018: "“I was getting money,” Sidney told Jeff Goodman on his Good N’ Plenty podcast. “I don’t know how much. They weren’t giving it to me. They were giving it to my mom.”

Sidney was one of $tan$bury's highest-rated recruits at Mississippi State. 

March, 2020: Zion Harmon commits to Western Kentucky and Rick $tan$bury over offers from Kansas, Louisville, Maryland among others. 

As a frame of reference:

- Harmon played this past season at Marshall County. It was his fourth high school in five years. In some states (like KY and TN) you can play varsity basketball pre-high school. He started playing varsity in 7th grade. Either way, that's a lot of schools...

- Shawn Harmon, who is the brother of Zion's father Mike, oversees the Aminu Mohammed recruitment. He is the guardian. 

Personally, I have zero issue with those that bend the rules. The game changed years ago and Jerry Tarkanian's old, old quote rings truer than ever "You show me a conference of 10 teams. And nine of them are cheating. And the one who isn't is in last place." 

It probably projects that I'm insinuating some of the dark arts. It's more about just passing on some basic, public information so people can know more about some things. 

You always want to do everything possible to land the top, top recruits. It's when concessions have to be made for the kids who aren't elite, game-changing talents that brings about chemistry issues, transfer issues and unnecessary nonsense.

And yet there's the "Holier than Thou" group who would not be happy with that.

No way they want to be like the Kansas, pUKes, Tar Heels and Dukes of the world......

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

And yet there's the "Holier than Thou" group who would not be happy with that.

No way they want to be like the Kansas, pUKes, Tar Heels and Dukes of the world......

Put me in that group of the Holier than Thou than because I don't want to be in like those schools.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Put me in that group of the Holier than Thou than because I don't want to be in like those schools.

I somewhat agree with you but if there is a Grey area and 90% of schools are recruiting in that area what’s the point? IF it’s never going to change, do we say, “oh well, we’ll do our best at a disadvantage” and keep losing? I’m not advocating being extremely dirty by any means, as I don’t think any school is doing anything extreme. It would be too easy to catch them. But if every school plays in that aforementioned grey area except us, we’ll never compete again. Tough topic. We aren’t talking about committing felonies and getting away with it. We’re talking about misdemeanors. 

15 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I get it lol I just use twitter for sports info..:wasn’t trying to be a smart a$$ or anything just meant you could see the context if you had it.

No your fine. I’m probably the only 41 year old that doesn’t care for that stuff. My wife doesn’t post but she follows. She would send me General Luck posts that were hilarious because she knows I love the Colts.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:16 PM, dgambill said:

No your fine. I’m probably the only 41 year old that doesn’t care for that stuff. My wife doesn’t post but she follows. She would send me General Luck posts that were hilarious because she knows I love the Colts.

Also 41...not a Twitter fan and don't have an account.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:57 AM, jv1972iu said:

So, exactly how many times/games have you seen this kid play.   Just curious?  And what is a Zion or LeBron type build?  This kid isn't close in height or weight to either of them.  Is he?  🤔

I've seen ZERO games jv1972 but whats the difference in seeing live vs film?  Don't you see more on film than from the stands?  Just curious too.  I'm kind of shocked that I have to explain a Zion or Lebron type build but I'll bite.  It's a build that stands out as a Man playing among Boys!  A Superior Physique that gives a clear advantage over the competition and like Zion or Lebron, equals Star Status because the opposition simply cant stop it!  BEASTMODE I shall say.   I was not comparing his height or weight to James or Williamson but his overall physical presence dominance to players of his position.  He can't shoot they say?  Who cares just give him the ball at point and watch him dominate at the rim!!!  Who will stop him at the College level?  Curious.

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

I've seen ZERO games jv1972 but whats the difference in seeing live vs film?  Don't you see more on film than from the stands?  Just curious too.  I'm kind of shocked that I have to explain a Zion or Lebron type build but I'll bite.  It's a build that stands out as a Man playing among Boys!  A Superior Physique that gives a clear advantage over the competition and like Zion or Lebron, equals Star Status because the opposition simply cant stop it!  BEASTMODE I shall say.   I was not comparing his height or weight to James or Williamson but his overall physical presence dominance to players of his position.  He can't shoot they say?  Who cares just give him the ball at point and watch him dominate at the rim!!!  Who will stop him at the College level?  Curious.

Thanks.  You answered my question.  

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Gotta admit...the competition looked weak but I did read up about a couple tournaments he played in against better teams and he still lit it up...along with his AAU stats. Kid is a beast no doubt about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived