Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We have had plenty of 'me' to last a life time the last 4 years. D.Green and J.Smith and neither were great.

Neither were recruited by Archie. I’ve really liked the kids Archie has targeted and gone after. All seem to be good students and kids so I trust his opinion until proven otherwise. 

9 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I am excited if we land this kid.  I think if he has some "ME" issues, that can be corrected with the proper guidance and staff and I believe in CAM and staff.  Not sure if he has "ME" or "I" mentality or not.  The level of competition is my concern that he is playing against today, again not sure what type of competition he is going up against.  If he can get buckets and makes the team better and gives us a dynamic player next to Lander and others, I am all on board. 

Nothing I've seen indicates he will be a selfish player. Smart kid in the classroom and his guardian and him seem to have good values. Honestly reminds me so much of Oladipo and I hope he comes to IU!

5 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Neither were recruited by Archie. I’ve really liked the kids Archie has targeted and gone after. All seem to be good students and kids so I trust his opinion until proven otherwise. 

I have no issue with this kid. Just pointing out we have had the me guy in the past.

With what seems like all our priorities waiting as long as they can to make their decision, it can both effect and hurt us depending on the end result. Other schools in the same situation may start looking elsewhere and go ahead and take guys who want to go there. And I totally agree they should take their time to make decisions, but if we lose out on Aminu and/or Kaufman/Miller.. ouch

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Wonder when the UK offer comes...:coffee:

Honestly Aminu is an old school Cal kid. I think he would like him very much...but lately Cal has been hammered about not having enough shooters and going that way with an athletic penetrating dominant pg. Wouldn’t be surprised honestly.

Cal might go back to his older philosophy...shooting alone hasn’t been enough for him especially because it can go cold any given night. Also HS/AAU shooting doesn’t always translate to college success...at least right away and he only has these kids for a year. Might be better to take the physically ready to contribute kid that doesn’t need the seasoning.

Archived