Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to Indiana sports beat and they have Allan Asley a IU recruiting reporter.  He said something I had not heard about Muhamad and it was there has been some talk of him going the g-league route.

I think a lot of 5* kids thinking about that route. With the changes to the pay in the g league and the kids making the leap they may monitor and see how it works for them too.

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Which is what? I couldn't see the rest of the tweet.....

Just at the top it says he is going to announce at one of two events...which is what he already stated. I believe one is in December and the other January if I remember right

46 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Today an update was provided Behind the paywall on where he stands. Any insight?

Yes.  Word to me tonight.  IU coaches have been in constant contact.  However... IU's recent decision to establish an NIL board, is impressive to him. And is swaying his final decision in our favor.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Yes.  Word to me tonight.  IU coaches have been in constant contact.  However... IU's recent decision to establish an NIL board, is impressive to him. And is swaying his final decision in our favor.

Sounds good to me. We are trending up and we all as fans can see that....but we aren't in a position yet to pick and choose amongst 5 star kids. If the kid sees how much IU can do for him I'm all for it. Don't care if we lose an in state kid in the process. Archie already owns the state....if he misses one every once in awhile I'm fine with that.

5 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I still don't expect any decisions until the Dec. / Jan. time frame that has been out there for a while.  Aminu has talked to Kenya Hunter.  They have asked around about Kenya.  They like him, are good with the transition in lead assistants.

Oh. I did not to mean to imply that a decision is coming soon. Rather that IU setting up a committee on the NIL has put IU ahead of other schools he, and his guardian are looking at.  Stay safe TDH.

Edit to add: I think there is a story here for you to follow up on. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also how will it work, will a program be able to get deals with companies and pitch that to players.  So how will they use the NIL into the recruiting process.

Don't have a lot of detail on that.  Think that is being worked on by the IU NIL committee.

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oh. I did not to mean to imply that a decision is coming soon. Rather that IU setting up a committee on the NIL has put IU ahead of other schools he, and his guardian are looking at.  Stay safe TDH.

Edit to add: I think there is a story here for you to follow up on. 

Agree Mile.  Thanks.  Wasn't trying to contradict you, just sharing what I've been told.

27 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Ok for those of us living out of a suitcase the past couple months what is NIL board again? Thank you. 

IU Athletics prepares for future NIL rights in new partnership - Indiana Daily Student

Indiana University Athletics Forms, Unveils Groundbreaking NIL Task Force - Indiana University Athletics

Archived