Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Not really any surprise but Eric Bossi says Indiana, Georgetown and Georgia are the most in contact with him but no one can sense who the leader is for him right now. 

Not a surprise Crean is involved and honestly he's got the best track record of the 3 coaches involved in getting guys to the league. I love Archie and I know he'll be shipping guys to the league routinely soon enough but of the 3 and the tea leaves it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this kid popped for Georgia. Classic one and done. Even if he's not a one and done.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, cybergates said:

When I saw the GTown committment and that they were involved with Aminu, I immediately thought that's where he ends up for some reason. Hope I'm wrong, but it allows him to go back to the east coast (the guardian too).

Yes, DC area is the closest thing to home for him here in the states.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not a surprise Crean is involved and honestly he's got the best track record of the 3 coaches involved in getting guys to the league. I love Archie and I know he'll be shipping guys to the league routinely soon enough but of the 3 and the tea leaves it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this kid popped for Georgia. Classic one and done. Even if he's not a one and done.

Yes..well if you’ve been a coach for 3 major Conference programs for 20 years I’d hope you have a track record. I think Archies record is just fine. I think Aminu would have more help and a better fit in our program but certainly Crean would give a Green light to the kid as he did with Edwards but I wouldn’t say Edwards who was probably the number 1 pick in the draft coming into the season really had a great year and held his status.

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabby posted an article about Aminu and some of the conversation today was about Aminu possibly enrolling early. Was behind paywall. 

I know we are talking about good players here in this kid and Lander but i dont know if I want to load up the roster with high school seniors to be. Not sure i want to make it a habit to win recruiting battles. Archie talks about getting older that doesnt help. i know those kids wont be here 4 years i get it. but why rush.

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

I know we are talking about good players here in this kid and Lander but i dont know if I want to load up the roster with high school seniors to be. Not sure i want to make it a habit to win recruiting battles. Archie talks about getting older that doesnt help. i know those kids wont be here 4 years i get it. but why rush.

Agree, however, Aminu could be one to leave early for the draft of he’s truly as good as they say he is. 

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

I still think Archie is working his plan of getting older and staying older while peppering in elite talent. Similar to the 2002 model. 

We have older guys this year in Rob, Al, Joey, Race, Hunter, Armaan to go with elite TJD, Lander,etc....while Leal, Geronimo, Galloway get their feet wet this year but will remain solid core for next 3 years as Archie tries to pepper elite talent guys like Aminu if that happens.

Everyone has their favorite idea or model of what they want our program to look like. If I had my wishes 2002 team is as close to perfect for me as it gets.

12 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabby posted an article about Aminu and some of the conversation today was about Aminu possibly enrolling early. Was behind paywall. 

I guess I’m a little confused, would he be eligible to play games by January or just be on campus and get practice/workout experience with the team?

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

I guess I’m a little confused, would he be eligible to play games by January or just be on campus and get practice/workout experience with the team?

I’m going to assume maybe a Race Thompson situation? Enroll early and sit? It’s too late to come this winter correct?

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I'm assuming this as well. Get used to things and hit ground running in the fall. Football players have been doing it for decades. Was just a matter of time before it becomes the new norm in hoops.

Archived