Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So if he enrolls in January does he lose a year of eligibility? I doubt he stays 4 years but just wondering.

I saw today that Oregon got a commitment from a top 30 player who is thinking of enrolling in January. The article also said that he was thinking about playing this year so I don't know if Aminu would try to play this year.  My question is if he would come in January and play the second semester would he be eligilble for next years draft.  It would be bad if he played a half of year and then go pro.

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I saw today that Oregon got a commitment from a top 30 player who is thinking of enrolling in January. The article also said that he was thinking about playing this year so I don't know if Aminu would try to play this year.  My question is if he would come in January and play the second semester would he be eligilble for next years draft.  It would be bad if he played a half of year and then go pro.

That would definitely be tough to see a talent like that only for a few months.

By rule, to be eligible for the 2021 draft he would need to: 1) graduate high school before the 2020-2021 NBA season begins and 2) turn 19 at some point during 2021 (I don’t know his bday)

2 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

My thought is Aminu checking into enrolling early is a contingency plan if high school athletics gets shutdown this fall. As of now it looks like he is planning to play ball this year with this being sent out last night.

AB71B558-ED39-466A-8ED1-654C0CDF1B0B.jpeg

I agree I think some guys are looking into that Avenue. If they don’t have a basketball season they think why not enroll early and get workouts, etc...to be ready for next year. I mean no offense to high schools but do you want to work with the local strength coach or Cliff Marshall.....

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Class of 2021 5-star guard Aminu Mohammed's decision is just a couple months away, maybe sooner. He talks about his top schools, relationship with IU, and much more.

A great article as always!

I know it's been said before, but for a top 15, 5-star recruit this has been an odd recruitment, and a final three of IU, Georgetown, and UGA is also all the more strange (except for maybe a recruit out of Atlanta). It's odd that for a kid this highly regarded, none of the other blue bloods have been involved at all.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

So am I wrong in stating that this recruitment seems to have cooled off as well? If Archie loses Miller, Kaufman, Aminu....Ugh...thats gonna hurt. He is recruiting losses this year could spell the end of the Miller era IMO. 

Yeah I’m not feeling bullish on any of them. He really needs to change the momentum on the court. Winning cures all things. Another mediocre season or two and he won’t see an extension and honestly I’d understand that. It’s IU so you know you are going to get recruits on name brand alone...but his product on the court is hard to sell to kids. They watch our offense and it’s ugly. Got to change that trend.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I’m not feeling bullish on any of them. He really needs to change the momentum on the court. Winning cures all things. Another mediocre season or two and he won’t see an extension and honestly I’d understand that. It’s IU so you know you are going to get recruits on name brand alone...but his product on the court is hard to sell to kids. They watch our offense and it’s ugly. Got to change that trend.

You do realize that the offensive stats has gotten better every year as as the defensive stats.  The win totals has went up every year and last ear  we were headed to the tournament.  I bet if you were a fan of Villanova you would been saying the same thing about Jay Wright after his first few years as well.  Wright even had some down years in the middle of his career as well and took him years to get to where they are now.

9 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

I think what you say is true but the majority of the fan base consensus arguments seem to lead toward Archie needing to make a big push in the tournament or be under the gun shortly...not just fans but most Indiana sports journalists seem to have the same feeling...good or bad

I agree if we are having these same discussions in two years but it is to early to decide if Archie is the guy or not.  Also don't you think all the negativity about a coach can have problems when it comes to recruiting.  Don't you think other coaches will use the argument that Archie is in trouble so he might not even be there your whole time at IU.

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Troll

I don't know how much the guys on Assembly Call knows recruiting but they said last night that IU getting Muhammad is a long shot.  The show was on before all of this stuff about Kaufmann started and they got a question about Kaufman and Muhammad coming to IU.  They said something like it is hard to discuss two guys that is a long shot of attending IU.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know how much the guys on Assembly Call knows recruiting but they said last night that IU getting Muhammad is a long shot.  The show was on before all of this stuff about Kaufmann started and they got a question about Kaufman and Muhammad coming to IU.  They said something like it is hard to discuss two guys that is a long shot of attending IU.

That’s surprising. But I still think we are ok. We have a good balanced roster but yea I’d like to add one more big man via grad transfer or freshmen for next year and then will see what we get for guards but our stable is plenty full now anyways.

That’s surprising. But I still think we are ok. We have a good balanced roster but yea I’d like to add one more big man via grad transfer or freshmen for next year and then will see what we get for guards but our stable is plenty full now anyways.

Don't forget, if Brunk choses to, he will be eligible to fill any potential holes in the middle....all 38 years of him. 

I know Brunk is not a great player but I am wondering if he would want to come back for another year.

Archived