Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/7/2020 at 8:43 AM, kyhoosier29 said:

I’ll trust CAM. 

This (and staff). We, as fans, can say we need player X and can’t pass on a 5-star talent, etc., but CAM and the staff have not only their scouting / analysis of the player’s game to draw on, but also their Interactions with the player, his family, his coaches, and high school. If a staff is all in on a player it tells you something. If a staff appears to back off that tells you something too. We can let it play out and see what the staff is doing, and draw conclusions from that 

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

With the limited info and the usual uncertainty with recruits, I've been very intrigued about getting this young man.  However, this recruitment is indeed odd and my hunch is he won't end up in Bloomington.

Yeah...obviously no inside info, but I'm not getting good vibe either. Understandably, the team Mohammed may be looking for seemingly a shortest path to the NBA, which would be joining the program where he would be featured as #1 go to guy. Just my hunch. 

Remember entry of times when Davis and Crean was coach we here about recruits and then all of a sudden it would appear we cooked on players.  Crean would kind of make it sound like some things under handed was going on.  Right now this recruitment is starting to sound a little like those back in the day.

4 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Yeah...obviously no inside info, but I'm not getting good vibe either. Understandably, the team Mohammed may be looking for seemingly a shortest path to the NBA, which would be joining the program where he would be featured as #1 go to guy. Just my hunch. 

I get the impression he wants playing time and the opportunity to have the ball in his hands/given permission to showcase his skills.

Idk maybe it’s just me but I find it extremely annoying as an IU fan that we can never find a way to have multiple stars play together on the same team (ex- Langford & Garland, TJD & Brooks/Garcia/Watford, potentially Lander & Mohammed)...I’m not saying I expect us to recruit like Kentucky and Duke but even a school like Michigan with a new coach like snagged two 5* forwards for the 21’ class this week. Other coaches have found a way to get these studs to play together and we need to catch a break with one finally. 

I get the debate over 4 year vs OAD players but Coach Hunter is right when he blatantly said I’m here to recruit because for you to compete for a national title you typically need 3 future NBA players. 

Just now, KDB said:

I think Georgetown may not have room for him if he wants to enroll early.

Pretty sure they you are correct, early enrollment would lead me to believe we would be the school of choice. 

Regardless, this is what CAM gets paid for/what we hired him for. We have a top ten recruiting budget, we already have arguably the top PG in the country for next season, and we’re not competing with any blue blood schools for this kid. If there was ever an opportunity to land an elite out-of-state player, now is the time. 

10 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I know many are down on him but if we get him, that really improves the class. I would be fine if it was just he and Duncomb. IF we add in Mason Miller that’s gravy

If Archie is recruiting him and thinks he will fit then I have no problem with him.  Also read an article that both Georgetown and Georgia have no scholarships for this year if Muhammad wanted to come in January.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If Archie is recruiting him and thinks he will fit then I have no problem with him.  Also read an article that both Georgetown and Georgia have no scholarships for this year if Muhammad wanted to come in January.

Possible mid-season creaning at Georgia?

12 hours ago, BDB said:

Possible mid-season creaning at Georgia?

I don't think that is possible. I'm pretty sure that scholarships count for the whole year rather than by semester. So even if a player leaves after fall semester, the scholarship doesn't open up for spring semester.

Archived