Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

I read(think it was Bossi or someone similar but can’t remember) where IU, SMU and one other team(can’t remember this team but equivalent to SMU) had at least one open scholarship. So if he’s truly wanting to enroll in Jan I would be stunned if we(IU)weren’t the winner unless a big blue blood sneaks in real late with an open roster spot. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I read(think it was Bossi or someone similar but can’t remember) where IU, SMU and one other team(can’t remember this team but equivalent to SMU) had at least one open scholarship. So if he’s truly wanting to enroll in Jan I would be stunned if we(IU)weren’t the winner unless a big blue blood sneaks in real late with an open roster spot. 

I wouldn’t rule out Crean finding him a spot. Also hard to believe Georgetown with all the transfers they’ve had out the past couple years don’t have a spot. Didn’t they finish the season with like 8 players or something crazy?!

edit never mind about Georgetown...they added 7!!! Guys this past offseason!

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Just a normal Friday night in 2020 

Heck this arguement was Friday night in 2019,18,17,16....with scott lol. No seriously I respect Scott’s opinion. I’d love to live in a world where we had Calbert Chaneys, Alan Henderson’s, Damon Baileys that stayed 4 years....and we competed for Championshps....but they ain’t walking through that door.

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Heck this arguement was Friday night in 2019,18,17,16....with scott lol. No seriously I respect Scott’s opinion. I’d love to live in a world where we had Calbert Chaneys, Alan Henderson’s, Damon Baileys that stayed 4 years....and we competed for Championshps....but they ain’t walking through that door.

I have seen 3 national championship teams so maybe I would feel differently if I was younger and hadn't seen a championship

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have seen 3 national championship teams so maybe I would feel differently if I was younger and hadn't seen a championship

I was just thinking back to the last time I remember teams that had all their guys sticking around...I was 8 when we best Syracuse and I thought it was the greatest thing ever....I was enthralled with IU from that point on as before that I remember watching with my dad but not really caring until I saw him get excited as that year unfolded and was a wonderful memory with him. Few years later after the 92-93 teams we had some talent but Knight couldn’t hold them regather...first Edwards going to NBA then later we started seeing transfers out. Few teams along the way were nice but none threatened for a another championship. Heck even our last final four had Jared Jefferies who wasn’t a 4 year kid. Takes special players to get to the promise land.

Alabama now showing interest and they have two openings. Collin Sexton(lottery pick in 2018 draft) and Kira Lewis Jr are two recent guards with Kira expected to be drafted in the lottery next Thursday 

Yeah going to be people try to sneak in and poach him...hopefully Archie has built up enough relationship to hold on.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have also seen 3 and would like to see a 4th in my life but I know the old days are over. You get the best you can get and you know they are only here a couple of years. Some coaches need more talent than the other guy to win, we may have that.

57 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Georgetown meeting today with Aminu. If I had to pick I’d imagine they are front runner with us slightly behind(no intel just gut feeling from what I’ve read).

They have no open scholarships this year. I looked. They signed 7 kids this year. 

Yeah not sure how they’ll be able to move some things around to add Aminu. Maybe they are hoping he waits till next fall

Possibly. That said some of these coaches especially ones in the hot seat or a history of forcing kids out will do it to save their job.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/11/16/recruiting-roundup-2021-targets-aminu-mohammed-mason-miller-eyeing-decisions/?fbclid=IwAR0Zw0TZSTbRTt08m7dURa-oq4a6GIu8OE_HQlk9qEszfjPqfkZjR0rHclQ

From Alex Bozich and it also shows that Archie is active in recruiting prospects

Archie Miller has been active in Mohammed’s recruitment since offering him in June 2019. Miller told Mohammed during the summer how he likes the way he moves without the ball and his ability to use ball screens.

An advantage Indiana has over others is that Mohammed was able to visit the school. The pandemic has put a halt to his ability to take many visits he would’ve liked to take these last few months.

Indiana currently has two open scholarships on its 2020-21 roster and should be seen as a candidate to land Mohammed.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/11/16/recruiting-roundup-2021-targets-aminu-mohammed-mason-miller-eyeing-decisions/?fbclid=IwAR0Zw0TZSTbRTt08m7dURa-oq4a6GIu8OE_HQlk9qEszfjPqfkZjR0rHclQ

From Alex Bozich and it also shows that Archie is active in recruiting prospects

Archie Miller has been active in Mohammed’s recruitment since offering him in June 2019. Miller told Mohammed during the summer how he likes the way he moves without the ball and his ability to use ball screens.

An advantage Indiana has over others is that Mohammed was able to visit the school. The pandemic has put a halt to his ability to take many visits he would’ve liked to take these last few months.

Indiana currently has two open scholarships on its 2020-21 roster and should be seen as a candidate to land Mohammed.

Good info! I’m going to stay positive in this recruitment but why do I get that sinking feeling Crean is out there just hoping to kick us in the nuts on this one.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Good info! I’m going to stay positive in this recruitment but why do I get that sinking feeling Crean is out there just hoping to kick us in the nuts on this one.

Well if Muhammad plans to enroll in January then Georgia does not have a scholarship available.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if Muhammad plans to enroll in January then Georgia does not have a scholarship available.

Why do I feel like Crean had a Gold Medal in roster aerobics? Can’t help it I will worry until he has candy stripes. Maybe the fact I’ve been burned the last 3 years with the Brooks, Garcia, and Kaufman recruitments. I’m still hoping for a Christmas miracle.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why do I feel like Crean had a Gold Medal in roster aerobics? Can’t help it I will worry until he has candy stripes. Maybe the fact I’ve been burned the last 3 years with the Brooks, Garcia, and Kaufman recruitments. I’m still hoping for a Christmas miracle.

Well even if someone transfers at the semester I don't know if they could use that scholarship for another player this year.  My philosophy on recruits is if they don't want to come to IU then move on and not worry about them 

Archived