Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

48 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He SHOULD be able to practice with them(maybe I am wrong here) right away given the fact he'll be on a scholly

From the article I cited...

Could he play this season?

"No, Mohammed wouldn't be eligible to play for Indiana or any other school during the 2020-21 season.

He would be able to practice with Indiana's team throughout most of the Big Ten season, but he wouldn't be able to play in any games.

It would help him get acclimated to college faster and would only help him become more prepared for the 2021-22 season."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From the article I cited...

Could he play this season?

"No, Mohammed wouldn't be eligible to play for Indiana or any other school during the 2020-21 season.

He would be able to practice with Indiana's team throughout most of the Big Ten season, but he wouldn't be able to play in any games.

It would help him get acclimated to college faster and would only help him become more prepared for the 2021-22 season."

By practicing and seeing Big Ten games from the bench up close it would do wonders for him.  

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

Would love to have Al(and Joey for that matter) back but they may be ready to move on.   Playing ball overseas and earning a nice paycheck is likely for them.   Staying to play another season takes away a year of salary.  And we all know athletes have very small windows in which to earn.  So counting on them to fill a void in recruiting may be a pipe dream.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Also depends if Joey wants to be Dr Brunk and if Al wants a master's.

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Also depends if Joey wants to be Dr Brunk and if Al wants a master's.

True but those are things that you can go back and achieve later.  Earning good money, traveling and playing a game you love for a few more years is pretty enticing.

Go Hoosiers!!!

25 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

True but those are things that you can go back and achieve later.  Earning good money, traveling and playing a game you love for a few more years is pretty enticing.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Cost of room and board to live like an IU basketball player with full master's tuition paid vs living in a 450 sq ft studio in eastern europe making 60k.  Sign me up for a master's in basket weaving.  

5 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

I'm going to make a crazy guess that the very important news is that he confirmed he's reclassifying. 

He wouldn't be reclassifying. He's still a 2021 recruit, just going to college early on a 21 scholarship. Unable to play in games, but able to practice with the team.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He wouldn't be reclassifying. He's still a 2021 recruit, just going to college early on a 21 scholarship. Unable to play in games, but able to practice with the team.

Also, Mike did comment and say the decision date is set for December 15th at this time.

Archived