Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mchenry34 said:

This is exactly right. The mythology that Crean has built up around Wade is off putting to me. It wasn't as though no one else knew he was talented. It was that people weren't wiling to recruit him with the state of his academics. 

The Anthony Edwards this is also silly. They had a losing record with the number one draft pick. That's supposed to reflect well on the coach?

The world doesn't want to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby...

9 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

I believe Brunk wanted to go to law school when he first came but IU told him he couldn't. I wonder if covid might change that since he could possibly do remote classes.

I wouldn’t recommend law school and playing college basketball at the same time.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the law school forbids it.   The only way it could work is if they made an exception and let him take maybe six credit hours.  As an example, unless things have drastically changed, they did not allow you to have a part time job during your first year of law school when I was at Maurer.  Also, keep in mind, IU has a top 25 law school and you have to get top grades and scores to get in.  I’m not saying he doesn’t.  I hope he does.  

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Cost of room and board to live like an IU basketball player with full master's tuition paid vs living in a 450 sq ft studio in eastern europe making 60k.  Sign me up for a master's in basket weaving.  

Actually Indiana can still pay for everything and treat him and Al like scholarship players it just doesn’t count against your numbers. So let’s say a school has 13 scholarships and 5 left over seniors they could actually have 18 kids on scholarships that is being paid for but only those 13 count.

22 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Actually Indiana can still pay for everything and treat him and Al like scholarship players it just doesn’t count against your numbers. So let’s say a school has 13 scholarships and 5 left over seniors they could actually have 18 kids on scholarships that is being paid for but only those 13 count.

Are you sure about this? I don’t understand the rule to be that unless it changed recently. I work with a guy who has a daughter going to play beach volleyball next fall and she isn’t getting money the first year because they have extra kids due to the extra year of eligibility.

6 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Are you sure about this? I don’t understand the rule to be that unless it changed recently. I work with a guy who has a daughter going to play beach volleyball next fall and she isn’t getting money the first year because they have extra kids due to the extra year of eligibility.

I’m not it’s what I heard very early on so maybe it changed? I heard each school had their own choice.

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

yes but its up to EACH school if they want to offer it. not up to the kid, thats the part everyone is missing.

45 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

A problem I would love to have

9 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Firmly believe Aminu and his guardian are paying attention to how teams fair prior to commitment and that’ll help their decision 

They are without doubt Indiana fans and fans of Miller.  The question is, does IU have a role he wants?  My answer is yes, but who knows what they are evaluating.  Think this kid would be perfect for this team.  

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

They are without doubt Indiana fans and fans of Miller.  The question is, does IU have a role he wants?  My answer is yes, but who knows what they are evaluating.  Think this kid would be perfect for this team.  

I mean especially if the offense has truly changed...he seems to be a downhill, attacking type...that’s fits the “new offense”

3 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I mean especially if the offense has truly changed...he seems to be a downhill, attacking type...that’s fits the “new offense”

When you have a pg like lander who can split the seems in a blink of the eye, the dribble drive is going to be there.  Then throw in the threats from the corners who can and will hit shots....this kid can thrive.  

Miller has always implemented a phoneix break as a primary offense.  IU never had a team that loves to run until now.  Imagine this kid in the open court?  Rebound, pass, score.

Throwing in my completely ignorant opinion about recruitment in general.  If a program is going to have a small class, say 2-3 players, and one of those players is a OAD, than your program is at real risk of having unbalanced classes.  I think we have all witnessed how unbalanced classes create inconsistency from year-to-year. This maybe okay if the oscillations swing from Final Four contended to rebuild mode and back every 4-5 years. However, this really never happens. It is more like top three in conference with a Sweet 16 run, to missing the tournament.  I don't think anyone wants this, because this has been what we have been for so long now.  

Again, the staff knows what they are doing, especially with respect to my dumb opinion.  However, the thought of a small class that gets smaller after 1-2 years is the type of reasonable issue to discuss on a fan forum.  

BTW-I haven't been on here much and am having a hard time being as excited about recruiting and the season.  I think the prospect of canceling the season and the general unknown of the future dampens my enthusiasm. I hope everyone is doing well and are excited about the season as always.

Archived