Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

My mistake gang. Made a mistake on Mohammed and where he's from. Saw Greenwood and naturally thought local. Brain cramp on my part. Actually makes me more interested in this kid now....2 unofficial visits so far.

Meh, don't worry about it.  I had a buddy ask me about him as well along the same lines.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have not seen Muhammad play so does anyone know what type of player he is. Is he a shooter or a slasher?

Just by the video it would appear both. Ranked #13 in the country. Good size already...and his coach just posted in last hour about how much they enjoyed the fans, experience and can't wait to come back for another visit soon.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

My mistake gang. Made a mistake on Mohammed and where he's from. Saw Greenwood and naturally thought local. Brain cramp on my part. Actually makes me more interested in this kid now....2 unofficial visits so far.

I whiffed on NJ too!  I must have been thinking of someone else.  We all keep each other honest, which is a good thing.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I whiffed on NJ too!  I must have been thinking of someone else.  We all keep each other honest, which is a good thing.

I had to look it up because I did not think he was from Indy but could not remember where he was from.  The site I saw says he is from the DC area.

Interesting to see a Jersey kid out here a couple times already and the good things being said by he and his coach about IU are encouraging.  I am all for taking high talent and good kids outside of the state if they really want to be at Indiana.  Aminu at the moment seems to fit that criteria.  Alot can happen between now and then though.  

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have not seen Muhammad play so does anyone know what type of player he is. Is he a shooter or a slasher?

A scorer...I’d say all 3 levels. He plays at smaller school in Missouri but he seems pretty legit. Think his brother plays at Missouri State or something. I think they were brought over to play basketball from over seas. Anyways kid scored 48pts and had over 20 rebounds in a big tourney game. He would give us a legit playmaker for sure at the two.

21 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Interesting to see a Jersey kid out here a couple times already and the good things being said by he and his coach about IU are encouraging.  I am all for taking high talent and good kids outside of the state if they really want to be at Indiana.  Aminu at the moment seems to fit that criteria.  Alot can happen between now and then though.  

He plays for Boo Williams on the EYBL. Maybe Troy is in his ear about IU. That said Bruiser has been getting IU involved with several east coast kids that last year or so. 

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just by the video it would appear both. Ranked #13 in the country. Good size already...and his coach just posted in last hour about how much they enjoyed the fans, experience and can't wait to come back for another visit soon.

His coach also was a huge IU and Isaiah fan. Always dreamed of being at the Hall. Loved the trip and thought the whole atmosphere was awesome!

15 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

His coach also was a huge IU and Isaiah fan. Always dreamed of being at the Hall. Loved the trip and thought the whole atmosphere was awesome!

Thank you for adding this. Didn't know that....and certainly can't hurt having a positive influence in his ear regarding IU. 

36 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

That's great...and love your handle...I agree we can always use another Moye on or around our program.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:30 PM, dgambill said:

A scorer...I’d say all 3 levels. He plays at smaller school in Missouri but he seems pretty legit. Think his brother plays at Missouri State or something. I think they were brought over to play basketball from over seas. Anyways kid scored 48pts and had over 20 rebounds in a big tourney game. He would give us a legit playmaker for sure at the two.

The Missouri product is averaging 36.4 points, 16.4 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game while shooting 57 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from three-point range according to a source.

Only 33% from 3? Sorry, everyone knows we need 3 pt shooters. Pass. :coffee:

I was told that during his recent visit to take in an IUBB game.  That Aminu confirmed to the staff that one of his official visits would be to IU.  Felt he did not have enough time to tour the entire campus. Basically saw just the IUBB facilities. And was impressed with them. But wanted to see more.

Also told IU he plans on an official to Louisville.

Refreshing that he was willing to share. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I was told that during his recent visit to take in an IUBB game.  That Aminu confirmed to the staff that one of his official visits would be to IU.  Felt he did not have enough time to tour the entire campus. Basically saw just the IUBB facilities. And was impressed with them. But wanted to see more.

Also told IU he plans on an official to Louisville.

Refreshing that he was willing to share. 

Meaning he didn't get a chance to see the girls lol.....no that's fine...come back later in the spring and see how beautiful the campus is. Then commit...be that scoring assassin we all thought Green was going to be.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

Never Know, but I think that Muhammad has more interest then Clarke had. Didn't Clarke only visit once? I also don't think we got a official visit from him did we?

I thought he visited a couple of times but not sure on that. It’s exciting to be in on highly ranked kids but with our on court results and just my opinion that it will be very hard to get commitments from highly rated out of state prospects. You don’t know until you try and I am always hopeful but not real optimistic the last few years.

9 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Never Know, but I think that Muhammad has more interest then Clarke had. Didn't Clarke only visit once? I also don't think we got a official visit from him did we?

I'm with you on this one. This one feels different....as in we have legit chance of final 2-3. Clarke we never had a chance. Helps his coach is in his ear about Archie and IU. 

Archived