Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Our husky mix loves the snow, too. If there’s weather that’s too cold for her we haven’t seen any in southern Indiana. 

It was about -5 degrees on our walk this morning. I was dying, and she was playing in the snow and eating ice. We got back and she sat on the porch for over an hour and watched cars go by. I had to give her a push to get her inside when I had to leave haha. Crazy how much she loves the cold. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Maybe if you chase it both ways, you won't get dizzy.

Good point. When I take him out it takes him 10 minutes at least to find the perfect spot to poop, drives me a little crazy but on Sunday he decided to just run full speed jump on the couch and poop right next to my wife. She told Ayden looks like Husky Stew for dinner.  He is an odd puppy for sure. We love him none the less

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good point. When I take him out it takes him 10 minutes at least to find the perfect spot to poop, drives me a little crazy but on Sunday he decided to just run full speed jump on the couch and poop right next to my wife. She told Ayden looks like Husky Stew for dinner.  He is an odd puppy for sure. We love him none the less

I feel your pain on the getting them to poop.  I've found that when a dog's tail curls, it makes it really easy to see when they have to go (a little too easy to see!).  We've had multiple times when we've walked for 10 minutes in my back yard with nothing, then I take her for a walk around town, and she poops in the neighbors yard.

From what I've read and seen so far, I feel like being odd is considered normal for a husky!  Never a dull moment.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I feel your pain on the getting them to poop.  I've found that when a dog's tail curls, it makes it really easy to see when they have to go (a little too easy to see!).  We've had multiple times when we've walked for 10 minutes in my back yard with nothing, then I take her for a walk around town, and she poops in the neighbors yard.

From what I've read and seen so far, I feel like being odd is considered normal for a husky!  Never a dull moment.

Odd is an understatement. They are masters of playing dumb. The 2 that we have had both give a great mean eye when they know you are talking about them. Every night he runs laps around the house which means jump on the couch and however is sitting there.  Never a dull moment is the perfect wording 

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Odd is an understatement. They are masters of playing dumb. The 2 that we have had both give a great mean eye when they know you are talking about them. Every night he runs laps around the house which means jump on the couch and however is sitting there.  Never a dull moment is the perfect wording 

Mine jumps on the bed when I'm getting ready in the morning.  She'll jump on the bed, spin around quick and lay there and look at me.  As soon as I make a noise, she jumps off, jumps back on, spins around and looks at me.  We'll do that probably 15 times most mornings.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Mine jumps on the bed when I'm getting ready in the morning.  She'll jump on the bed, spin around quick and lay there and look at me.  As soon as I make a noise, she jumps off, jumps back on, spins around and looks at me.  We'll do that probably 15 times most mornings.

Yes. I see it from.both we had. Makes me laugh thinking about it

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 1:00 AM, mrflynn03 said:

I really like waking my pets up from a sleep because they get to sleep all they want. But when it's a workday, never fails, they are waking me up before my alarm for food or water or both.  

So suck it cats and dogs. I will shake you awake whenever I feel like it. 

Try waking my German Shepherd and you risk getting bit. My wife found out the hard way. We let him sleep as much as he wants!

20210303_110625.jpg

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 11:43 AM, IUFLA said:

Youngest and her hubby brought their Corgi (and one of my favorite dogs ever) over for Easter dinner. She got to run around in the pasture and try out those inherent herding skills...

But The Brat was having none of it...

IMG_2806~2.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

I do love a corgi, they are such goofball dogs. 

• Like 1