Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Had to put old girl down today...we'd had a tumor taken off her chest in May, but it was growing back and split her incision...they found 4 more tumors in her and she was in pain...good girl, very laid back like most Labs... I'll miss her...

IMG_0493.JPG

Oh man, I hate this for you. This is probably the most difficult things we have to do in our lives. And the hole they behind, the silence, the absence of their claws clicking on the floor, is just so much. I’m sorry, my friend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Had to put old girl down today...we'd had a tumor taken off her chest in May, but it was growing back and split her incision...they found 4 more tumors in her and she was in pain...good girl, very laid back like most Labs... I'll miss her...

IMG_0493.JPG

Those eyes just melt me.  So sorry, man...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, IUFLA said:

IMG_0493.JPG

So sorry. She looks so sweet. No matter how long they are with us, it’s always too soon. Sharing a home with a dog is one of the most heartwarming and also heartbreaking experiences we have. They’d never want us to be sad though. She was fortunate that you were there for her. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update on the horse we adopted...he's a stubborn guy...getting healthier, but he still doesn't mess with our mare...we've put about 140 lbs on him...you can still see his ribs, but not nearly as pronounced as before...legs are wrapped because he had an infection on 3 of his pasterns when he arrived...PXL_20211123_151938368.thumb.jpg.fc13cca93d2a691df4b9c9af9e2ede9c.jpg

• Like 3

Had to put my dog down this afternoon. We had adopted him 3-4 years ago so don't know his exact age but believe he's about 12. He had been suffering for awhile and even the pain medication wasn't helping. It's always a tough call deciding if you are prolonging a life for your benefit or taking care of your pet by ending his suffering.

• Sad 8

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Had to put my dog down this afternoon. We had adopted him 3-4 years ago so don't know his exact age but believe he's about 12. He had been suffering for awhile and even the pain medication wasn't helping. It's always a tough call deciding if you are prolonging a life for your benefit or taking care of your pet by ending his suffering.

Sorry to hear that...it is a terrible decision to have to make...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Sorry to hear this. It is definitely a tough, painful decision.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sorry to hear that...it is a terrible decision to have to make...

Yes it is. Personally, I think we should have done it 2 weeks ago. My wife would have liked to keep him around for a while longer. Eventually, she realized it was time. Not sure how convinced she was but hopefully at least 50% so I don't have to hear about this being my decision for years.

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

Yes it is. Personally, I think we should have done it 2 weeks ago. My wife would have liked to keep him around for a while longer. Eventually, she realized it was time. Not sure how convinced she was but hopefully at least 50% so I don't have to hear about this being my decision for years.

We have 2 dogs that are 13-14 years old. I expect to come home one day and have to bury one. 

I was my family undertaker. I've buried so many pets. It sucks but I felt I could do it respectfully because the the rest of my family aren't capable.

Edited by mrflynn03

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

Forgive my poor choice of emoji it was an accident, I meant sad emoji.  Sorry for your loss 

Edited by mrflynn03