Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

pic 1 is his anticipation of going on our normal Saturday morning drives  look at the dirty look in pic 2 when i tell him we are going to the Vet. Never underestimate their intelligence and understanding of our Language. 

Screenshot_20220404-083530_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220404-083719_Gallery.jpg

Oh yeah... they know.

• Like 1

Cat update. So neither of the two who disappeared have come back. Not optimistic at all at this point.

The good news is the two sisters seem to be doing better with their brother and our black male cat. One of the sisters is a bit of a loner/outcast though. She wants attention from us when we visit them and she starts a very loud meow, which angers her brother and the black cat. They go over and punch her in the face when she does this. Maybe we should have named their brother "Will" instead of "Scarecrow".

Dog update. He is doing a little better. The jury is still out if he will need surgery or not for the ACL. The vet was not optimistic a week and a half ago, but he has been moving around much better since then. Still gimpy and we limit him big time with his movements, but he has seemed to be doing much better going outside and seems to be putting some weight on it now at times. We will see what the vet says in a few days.

• Like 2

We sent Dante, as my wife named him, to an equestrian barn (hence the leg wraps) for a little training and so my wife could take some lessons on him. We tried to put all 3 of our horses together, but the new one chased the other gelding into a wire fence (he wanted our mare to himself, I guess) , cutting up his legs a little. It was a pretty wild afternoon.

So, the plan is to keep Dante at the other barn til the end of May. When he comes back, we ship the other gelding back to my daughter in San Marcos...

PSX_20220405_134402.thumb.jpg.3b5c99c9d98222aec9085c494796b49a.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, Billingsley99 said:

pic 1 is his anticipation of going on our normal Saturday morning drives  look at the dirty look in pic 2 when i tell him we are going to the Vet. Never underestimate their intelligence and understanding of our Language. 

Screenshot_20220404-083530_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220404-083719_Gallery.jpg

One year, my wife put a Halloween costume on one of our dogs. She got the same look in return. The “I could murder you in your sleep if I wanted” look. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

One year, my wife put a Halloween costume on one of our dogs. She got the same look in return. The “I could murder you in your sleep if I wanted” look. 

When he gives me that look I feel him sucking my soul out of my body. He name is Knight maybe that's how some of the players felt getting that look

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

On Sunday we noticed a bump above the eye of our outdoor dog Socks. On Monday when I got home it was terrible. On Tuesday he had surgery to remove a half baseball sized abscess. Pics from Sun to After surgery Tuesday. Shocking to say the least

20220409_102128.jpg

IMG_8436.jpg

20220412_144850.jpg

Poor pup! What was it? Just a large pocket of infection? And is his vision ok?

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Poor pup! What was it? Just a large pocket of infection? And is his vision ok?

Yes he hit the crown of his head on something and it got infected and had no where to go. Gravity forced it down his face. Formed a ball of blood and puss. Vision is good eye is functioning but man he looks so bad and so sad

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes he hit the crown of his head on something and it got infected and had no where to go. Gravity forced it down his face. Formed a ball of blood and puss. Vision is good eye is functioning but man he looks so bad and so sad

Ugh....that had to be painful for him as well.  I had a similar thing happen on my right thumb once, and having to have it drained was one of the most painful things I've endured.  Hope he gets better!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Ugh....that had to be painful for him as well.  I had a similar thing happen on my right thumb once, and having to have it drained was one of the most painful things I've endured.  Hope he gets better!

I can imagine. I had one in my armpit once and I kept squeezing it and qhwn it popped what came out made my wife literally throw up. It hurt so bad

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I can imagine. I had one in my armpit once and I kept squeezing it and qhwn it popped what came out made my wife literally throw up. It hurt so bad

Mine was a burn that turned into a blister that ruptured and subsequently got infected.  My wife (who was an RN at the time) had my wrist held down with one hand and was pressing up with the other, and I'm not kidding you....she drained a tablespoon's worth of blood and pus out of it.  When it didn't start healing, wound up going to the wound clinic.  I've got a small notch right above my thumbnail where it killed the skin off, and there's about a 1/4 circle on the tip where the nerve ending was killed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Mine was a burn that turned into a blister that ruptured and subsequently got infected.  My wife (who was an RN at the time) had my wrist held down with one hand and was pressing up with the other, and I'm not kidding you....she drained a tablespoon's worth of blood and pus out of it.  When it didn't start healing, wound up going to the wound clinic.  I've got a small notch right above my thumbnail where it killed the skin off, and there's about a 1/4 circle on the tip where the nerve ending was killed. 

That's not good. Hurts just reading it

We have 3 cats and just recently bought a puppy. He is a Korean Jindo and everything seems to be going well so far. We’ve had him for about a month and he’s almost 5 months. Other than a few kennel training mishaps (came home to blood everywhere from him biting on the kennel), it’s been pretty good. He doesn’t play well with the cats, but we are getting them better accustomed to each other. Name is Kylo (Star Wars nerd in the house!)93F4FA13-4595-436B-B7C5-FBB4B02656E3.thumb.jpeg.47661769e063739dc81a93a252cc7b7b.jpegBBADE8FF-21E4-4094-98DA-E16164FC6134.thumb.jpeg.6e8ff4d7ff4905e7eabcadac2773cc5d.jpeg58B73FCF-8104-4E56-8155-91933B949F66.thumb.jpeg.49877f73a3571f4c41cc2d7f99391627.jpeg

Edited by JaybobHoosier
  • Like 5

On 4/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Yikes, so glad he got the help he needed and wish him a speedy recovery. Those pics make me sad too, can’t imagine how he is feeling!

12 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

We have 3 cats and just recently bought a puppy. He is a Korean Jindo and everything seems to be going well so far. We’ve had him for about a month and he’s almost 5 months. Other than a few kennel training mishaps (came home to blood everywhere from him biting on the kennel), it’s been pretty good. He doesn’t play well with the cats, but we are getting them better accustomed to each other. Name is Kylo (Staw Wars nerd in the house!)93F4FA13-4595-436B-B7C5-FBB4B02656E3.thumb.jpeg.47661769e063739dc81a93a252cc7b7b.jpegBBADE8FF-21E4-4094-98DA-E16164FC6134.thumb.jpeg.6e8ff4d7ff4905e7eabcadac2773cc5d.jpeg58B73FCF-8104-4E56-8155-91933B949F66.thumb.jpeg.49877f73a3571f4c41cc2d7f99391627.jpeg

With a tail like that and toddlers you better start training him to not react when someone grads hold of his tail.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Drroogh said:

With a tail like that and toddlers you better start training him to not react when someone grads hold of his tail.

I’ve been testing out touching/grabbing/petting the tail a couple times a day just to get his reaction. Nothing to the level a kid may do of course, but there have been no reactions what so ever. He’s still a little uneasy with the kids from a loudness/cuddling aspect, but he’s pretty good with them. 

Korean Jindo’ are an interesting breed. Been a different journey to some degree than my dogs in the past.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

He’s not a fan of car rides yet, but on the way back it was better. My youngest was out of it as he was awoken from his nap lol. 

785A2563-D293-486F-9BA7-87DB3A1B4D07.jpeg

535A8D03-0AC5-452C-9BD9-1BD0609A2D7C.jpeg

Aw, now that's a good looking bunch! 

Kids are so much fun at that age...the questions, the wonderment...

My youngest is due with a baby girl on May 28th (which would have been my Mom's 101st birthday) and I can't wait to have a baby around again...

• Like 2