Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

We’ve fostered and adopted out four kittens in the last couple of months, which feels really good. We just sent our latest Christopher the cat off yesterday and now the adoption agency just asked us if we could foster Christopher’s brother Kringle. 

Attaching a photo of Christopher. He was my buddy, slept on my shoulder all night and was always in my lap.

We are suckers, so we said yes to his brother Kringle and he is being dropped off in an hour or so at our place. Ho, ho, ho!

07840078-6F14-40F3-9724-580F8C727A8F.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hard to believe my guy turned 11 in October 

Loves the snow!

He LOVES it. Great video! I also have a soft spot for frosty faced dogs. Once they start getting that white/grey in their muzzle, I’m always telling my wife when we pass them, “That’s a good dog.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

He LOVES it. Great video! I also have a soft spot for frosty faced dogs. Once they start getting that white/grey in their muzzle, I’m always telling my wife when we pass them, “That’s a good dog.”

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

God I love Golden's...they are the best...11 and still has that puppy attitude...

So, the fact of the matter is, about 7 years ago Dexter contracted something called actinomytosis. He had open sores that would ooze and he was miserable. They would slough off and he’d be good for a few days , then it would start up again. Our local vet realized that he was over his head and referred us to the Michigan State Veterinary School. Dexter went through an8 hour surgery followed by a 10 day stay. He had 3 ribs and a third of her diaphragm removed, as well as any tissue that was affected by this. The video you see represents the limits of his stamina as a result.

He has brought immense joy to our lives and the money spent to save him was one of the best investments of my life.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, the fact of the matter is, about 7 years ago Dexter contracted something called actinomytosis. He had open sores that would ooze and he was miserable. They would slough off and he’d be good for a few days , then it would start up again. Our local vet realized that he was over his head and referred us to the Michigan State Veterinary School. Dexter went through an8 hour surgery followed by a 10 day stay. He had 3 ribs and a third of her diaphragm removed, as well as any tissue that was affected by this. The video you see represents the limits of his stamina as a result.

He has brought immense joy to our lives and the money spent to save him was one of the best investments of my life.

😁  👍

We sent our fifth foster cat out to it’s furever family yesterday. Adopter was a single guy who actually lives by my office in Manhattan. I could tell as soon as he saw the kitten that he was smitten. We’ve already got a few photo updates from him.

Feels pretty good to help these cats find a good home and it requires so little of us, since we can work from home. It’s also reminded me of just how cool cats are. We had been cat-less for a few years after our last cat died of old age. 

• Like 3

On 12/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, Lostin76 said:

We’ve fostered and adopted out four kittens in the last couple of months, which feels really good. We just sent our latest Christopher the cat off yesterday and now the adoption agency just asked us if we could foster Christopher’s brother Kringle. 

Attaching a photo of Christopher. He was my buddy, slept on my shoulder all night and was always in my lap.

We are suckers, so we said yes to his brother Kringle and he is being dropped off in an hour or so at our place. Ho, ho, ho!

07840078-6F14-40F3-9724-580F8C727A8F.jpeg

Does he have some Abyssinian in him?

I had the coolest cat, an Abyssinian, as a kid. Long, tall cat, super smart. Figured out the exact length of my neighbor’s retractable dog leash running from the porch to middle of the lawn. He would go sit in the middle of the lawn when the dog wasn’t looking. The the dog would see him and go racing across the lawn at him. The whole time my cat, Tigger, would just sit there looking at him. Then the dog in full run would hit the end of the leash and his legs would fly out, all within a foot of tigger sitting there, I swear, grinning. 🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Does he have some Abyssinian in him?

I had the coolest cat, an Abyssinian, as a kid. Long, tall cat, super smart. Figured out the exact length of my neighbor’s retractable dog leash running from the porch to middle of the lawn. He would go sit in the middle of the lawn when the dog wasn’t looking. The the dog would see him and go racing across the lawn at him. The whole time my cat, Tigger, would just sit there looking at him. Then the dog in full run would hit the end of the leash and his legs would fly out, all within a foot of tigger sitting there, I swear, grinning. 🤣

I wonder if he does, his tail is kind of short though and they always seem to have longish tails. I was obsessed with Abyssinian cats as a kid, but we always just had the regular cats. They always seemed so wise and regal. 

After Christopher (above) was adopted out, they asked us to foster his brother. Looked just like him. He was our latest to get adopted out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...