Dog, cat, something else, or nothing?

22 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I can't remember what it is called but horses and humans have the ability to form strong bonds. 

My wife's says he likes me because he recognizes a horse's ass when he sees one 😉

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

We had 3 dogs, but sadly lost 2 in the past year. Our remaining girl (Layla) really seemed lonely. 

So we got this little fella (Winston) for Mothers day. He thinks he is pretty tough.

Love that they are playing together in less than 24 hours. It will be fun once he grows to her size. But he sure has the "want to"   🤣

IMG_0951.jpg

• Like 6

New pets are fun. We have a 3.5 pound Yorkie which is a whole different world after having a 75lb English Bulldog. Cool bonus aside from the massive size difference, the Yorkie has hair and not fur so it doesn’t shed. 

Next week, my little boy is getting to pick up the kitten he picked out of a new litter several weeks back. Should be fun.

Side story: brother in law had just adopted a couple older cats from local shelter. While visiting a couple months ago, my little boy was in a chair with one of the cats on his lap. First time ever being around a cat. When suddenly, he swiftly stood up sending the cat flying to the floor. Thinking the cat must have scratched him I asked what had happened. He said with a shocked look on his face “there is something wrong with it dad. It started vibrating”. 😆 too funny

• Like 4

21 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

We had 3 dogs, but sadly lost 2 in the past year. Our remaining girl (Layla) really seemed lonely. 

So we got this little fella (Winston) for Mothers day. He thinks he is pretty tough.

Love that they are playing together in less than 24 hours. It will be fun once he grows to her size. But he sure has the "want to"   🤣

IMG_0951.jpg

What kind of dog is Winston?  He looks just like my dog Ted when we first got him. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:10 PM, bluegrassIU said:

Aussiedoodle. 

I am not much of a "doodle" guy. But my wife is, and he was a gift to her. 

So far so good 

Our dog of 9 years I mentioned previously in this thread is an Aussidoodle. He is full size...80 pounds. They are really smart and good tempered dogs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...