Bryce Hopkins Commits to Kentucky

HoosierJax

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Come on home fella

Makes you wonder the impact that Hunter might be having on recruiting already. Not sure who the lead recruiter is but it's still notable imo since that's the only recent change in IU recruiting recent months since Hopkins reopened his recruitment. 

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

I know it has been discussed previously, but do to my chronic laziness i do not feel like going back to find it. Anyway, I would believe this is and either or situation between hopkins and TK? no?

I don’t believe so. Kaufman is more of a 4 than a 3. Hopkins I think is more of a 3 than a 4. They could work interchangeably much like Mason Miller and Trey...now I don’t think we’d go after all three but any combo of 2 of the three I think would work in most systems.

54 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Father told media that he plans on being committed in the next couple of weeks here. Analysts think it’s basically down to UK, Illinois, Indiana and Providence. Apparently Illinois has made up a lot of ground the last couple of weeks. 

Any inside info from our great posters???

I’d be shocked if he landed here. Illinois stands to likely lose a lot next year and would have plenty of shots for him. KY is well an animal of its own that if he wants that he wouldn’t be a fit here or UI. We fall somewhere in the middle. I don’t think he would have a big enough role in our offense with who we have now and possibly on the line to bring in for another high end recruit. I just don’t see us landing him and Trey and Aminu.

Just wondering if he is thinking of himself as being a one and done player.  I would like to land him but if it is for just one year and it leads us to lose a player like TK or Miller I would pass.  I think TK and Miller probably will be in college at least 2 if not 3 years.  If Hopkins will be around for a few years I am all for it because his tape looks really good.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I feel like someone mentioned whenever he does this he’s hinting at a looming commitment but I’d very surprised if he ended up here...

BF2A109A-139F-4C4D-A760-13474EC94BD0.png

They’re hearing Providence now. Supposedly people close to the kid are trying to change his mind on that, but UK wouldn’t be surprising at the last minute. 

7 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I just hope he doesn’t pick IU, selfishlessly, because I want Kaufman to come to IU. Lol

Completely agree but I wouldn’t be upset if he choose IU since we usually don’t do well recruiting in Illinois so it’d be nice to start making some noise in the Midwest.

Idrk what else Kaufman can learn from each team without an official visit at this stage so he can’t be upset if someone takes his spot...

Just now, Hoosierdave said:

Completely agree but I wouldn’t be upset if he choose IU since we usually don’t do well recruiting in Illinois so it’d be nice to start making some noise in the Midwest.

Idrk what else Kaufman can learn from each team without an official visit at this stage so he can’t be upset if someone takes his spot...

Yeah I totally get it. I’m just wanting him at IU since I coached him. 🙂

34 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

He isn’t considering Illinois. 

Out of curiosity and hope you don't mind answering....is he not considering Illinois because of Underwood or something else? I know I'm in the minority on this one but when kids see a kid like Ayo not make it to the league within a couple of years it can hurt on the recruiting trail. 

Archived