Bryce Hopkins Commits to Kentucky

HoosierJax

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Archie building an all 6’5 team. Either Archie thinks we might lose a wing or two or he will just roll out 5 guards and play small ball. Given the glut of wings we have it’s interesting we are still hunting more wings when we have glaring holes at center and pg.

Go the 89 UI style where everyone was between 6'4 and 6'7

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Go the 89 UI style where everyone was between 6'4 and 6'7

Only difference there is that Liberty was taller than 6'7 and Battle/Gill had verticals of about 800 inches with wingspans like Vic. Played much taller than program height. Fun team....one I grew up watching/despising very much. I still think it's a style that could work well in today's game as long as the shooting was there. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Only difference there is that Liberty was taller than 6'7 and Battle/Gill had verticals of about 800 inches with wingspans like Vic. Played much taller than program height. Fun team....one I grew up watching/despising very much. I still think it's a style that could work well in today's game as long as the shooting was there. 

I did not care for UI but did enjoy that team and saw them live in the 89 tournament at the RCA Dome.  I thought Liberty was listed at 6'7 or 6'8 but he was pretty thin.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I did not care for UI but did enjoy that team and saw them live in the 89 tournament at the RCA Dome.  I thought Liberty was listed at 6'7 or 6'8 but he was pretty thin.

Growing up in Illinois but being a diehard IU family that team was tough to stomach. Mostly because we knew Lou was dirty. Whole program was which ultimately led to Henson narrowly avoiding death penalty. 

Of course my first ever game in Assembly Hall was Nick Anderson's shot at the buzzer. Made me despise that team even more. Never cheered so hard for Michigan in my life in the Final 4. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Growing up in Illinois but being a diehard IU family that team was tough to stomach. Mostly because we knew Lou was dirty. Whole program was which ultimately led to Henson narrowly avoiding death penalty. 

Of course my first ever game in Assembly Hall was Nick Anderson's shot at the buzzer. Made me despise that team even more. Never cheered so hard for Michigan in my life in the Final 4. 

You don't think that UM team squeaky clean with Rumeal Robinson.

• 1 month later...
  • KDB changed the title to Bryce Hopkins Commits to Louisville
  • 8 months later...
  • KDB changed the title to Bryce Hopkins Decommits from Louisville
1 hour ago, KDB said:

Decommitted from Louisville.

"I opened up my recruitment because there were a lot of uncertainties on what is going on with the sanctions," Hopkins told 247Sports. "They also keep appealing (the sanctions) which is only making it harder on me."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2020/08/09/louisville-basketball-recruiting-2021-forward-bryce-hopkins-decommits/3330898001/

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

"I opened up my recruitment because there were a lot of uncertainties on what is going on with the sanctions," Hopkins told 247Sports. "They also keep appealing (the sanctions) which is only making it harder on me."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2020/08/09/louisville-basketball-recruiting-2021-forward-bryce-hopkins-decommits/3330898001/

Probably shouldn't have committed to them in the first place if he is worried about the sanctions.

56 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's about time some kid mentioned this. They are facing sanctions for problems they committed while on probation. Not sure why anyone would be heading there. Would love to get a look at this kid again and to me he isn't a backup at all. TK, Miller or him....whoever pops...pops.

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Question.  Will he have to give back his car to them ?   I only partially jest. 

Archived