Bryce Hopkins Commits to Kentucky

HoosierJax

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

So are you saying that you think some of these guys went down because they have IU on their list.  If that is the case I just don't see it.

Hopkins has steadily gone up his entire recruitment, this includes while committed to Louisville. Kaufman jumped 10 spots in recent update too, despite not having Kentucky seriously involved in his recruitment. And as you noted, Duncomb has skyrocketed up the rankings. 247 actually bumped Muhammed into 5 star status on their last update. Wesley's fall has coincided with major programs backing off of his recruitment. @IUfaninIllinois is ranting with no basis in reality.

48 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Hopkins has steadily gone up his entire recruitment, this includes while committed to Louisville. Kaufman jumped 10 spots in recent update too, despite not having Kentucky seriously involved in his recruitment. And as you noted, Duncomb has skyrocketed up the rankings. 247 actually bumped Muhammed into 5 star status on their last update. Wesley's fall has coincided with major programs backing off of his recruitment. @IUfaninIllinois is ranting with no basis in reality.

Facts are facts so I’ll take this on the chin and admit I’m wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, goonaha said:

I'm curious on who has backed off on Wesley. I hadn't heard that.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Bryce Hopkins' father isn't sure why everyone thinks his son is going to Kentucky, but he does know that that the family has always been impressed with IU.

Great read. I thought it was a good sign for IU that he decided not to cut. If he was truly fixated on Kentucky it would have been easy to cut. He must remain pretty open

7 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Bryce Hopkins' father isn't sure why everyone thinks his son is going to Kentucky, but he does know that that the family has always been impressed with IU.

I expect a UK commitment tomorrow :coffee:

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Hopkins would be a good get.  Ratcheting up our pipeline in Chicago is never a bad thing.  Fenwick High is a prestigious school up here and he fits the profile of Illinois kids who do well at IU.  He and Kaufman both have versatile games and would play well off each other IMO.  So does Miller for that matter.  

Chicago and North West Indiana have always been a tough cookie for IU to crack.  With the possible exception of Isiah Thomas.  An IU icon.  Most of those guys go to other schools. Could be the Chicago coaches standing there with a hand out.  At least that is what I have been told over the years. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:24 PM, milehiiu said:

Chicago and North West Indiana have always been a tough cookie for IU to crack.  With the possible exception of Isiah Thomas.  An IU icon.  Most of those guys go to other schools. Could be the Chicago coaches standing there with a hand out.  At least that is what I have been told over the years. 

Fenwick is a private suburban high school. Not going to be the same thing as the Chicago public league. 

Should be closer to Justin Smith recruitment than, say, Derrick Rose. 

27 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Fenwick is a private suburban high school. Not going to be the same thing as the Chicago public league. 

Should be closer to Justin Smith recruitment than, say, Derrick Rose. 

Justin Smith went to Stevenson High School, and that is considered a northshore suburban district and a public district.  Much different than Fenwick as Stevenson is one of the top High Schools in the United States, has 4,000+ students and is a very wealthy district.  Similar to New Trier, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Evanston.

Much different comparisons.  Although, like you said Fenwick is a top high school that is private.  They recruit athletes hard, and those athletes are student athletes.

And, I think the Chicago system has more to do with handlers and AAU circuit than the High School coaches.  Its the private schools that recruit, etc and some times need to worry about because of the different system.  This is not to say Fenwick is in that boat.  Only have heard good things.  

Archived