Jump to content

Bryce Hopkins Decommits from Louisville


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryce Hopkins' father isn't sure why everyone thinks his son is going to Kentucky, but he does know that that the family has always been impressed with IU. https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-

Only June 23?  Amateurs.  My ex-wife would dig up stuff from 20 years ago. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Per mixed reports, Hopkins will not commit on Oct 20th, says he still needs to finish his commitment video. 

 

Wait. What?

Pass. 

He might as well said "I'm taking my services to Lexington."

Commitment video.....  bwahahahaha.  And yes,  I know we're in a pandemic.  

 

McHoop

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, McHoop said:

 

Wait. What?

Pass. 

He might as well said "I'm taking my services to Lexington."

Commitment video.....  bwahahahaha.  And yes,  I know we're in a pandemic.  

 

McHoop

 

Never been either way with this recruitment. We get him cool. We don't that's cool too. I do find it a tad humorous that our Big 10 brethren to the West can't understand why not once but twice a top 30 kid isn't choosing the Illini. 

For those Illini fans that lurk. Having Ayo coming back is great for this year....but questions are alive about Underwood's ability to develop. Top 30 kids aren't lining up if you can't get them to the league in 2 years. I know they've been out of the loop for a decade or so....but top 50 kids want a track record with their coach. Ayo having to come back for year 3? Troubling waters for BU....in terms of future recruiting. Especially in this league.

Edited by Seeking6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question for the board. Didn't we have someone on here that was in charge of the editing for recruits videos? 

Never mind, I thought you meant does the recruit edits (like Tipton top 5). I thought that was @IndySportsPartizan (at least I though that was him) but sorry I’m not sure what you mean now that I read this again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Never mind, I thought you meant does the recruit edits (like Tipton top 5). I thought that was @IndySportsPartizan (at least I though that was him) but sorry I’m not sure what you mean now that I read this again.

You got it right. I phrased incorrectly. I knew there was someone on here who did the editing for these recruits. ISP sounds right. Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question for the board. Didn't we have someone on here that was in charge of the editing for recruits videos? 

That was me.  I used to make edits for them on my Instagram page @hsrecruitingnews.  I actually just started using the account again but not really making edits anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

That was me.  I used to make edits for them on my Instagram page @hsrecruitingnews.  I actually just started using the account again but not really making edits anymore.

Thanks. I always thought short of the players and parents....the person who would absolutely know where a kid is going is the guy who does the editing for the kids commit video. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be something could be nothing but Illinois offered a 21 wing yesterday. Perhaps an indicator of what's been mentioned on here that Illinois was never the final spot for Hopkins. I still say UK but maybe this Providence thing has legs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this means anything.  We know recruiting is about connections and those who assist with recruiting.  Unless things jave changed, Fenwicks head coach is a New Trier grad, and their past was also one...and Bill Comar is as well.  Could be an interesting connection.  Looks like talk is UK from what people have posted...never know interesting connection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Please do!

So...word is that when Justin leaves IU, he has a recruiting visit with the Illini coaches. During that visit, he’s complaining about his former IU teammates not passing him the ball when he’s open on the perimeter. He said something like, “There wouldn’t be anyone guarding me on the perimeter and they wouldn’t give me the ball.”

Lol. I died laughing. I wonder why, Justin??  And the story goes that the Illini coaches heard that and kind of looked at each other like, “okayyyy...we’ll be in touch.”  And of course they didn’t take him, the Illinois kid. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoosierfan34 said:

So...word is that when Justin leaves IU, he has a recruiting visit with the Illini coaches. During that visit, he’s complaining about his former IU teammates not passing him the ball when he’s open on the perimeter. He said something like, “There wouldn’t be anyone guarding me on the perimeter and they wouldn’t give me the ball.”

Lol. I died laughing. I wonder why, Justin??  And the story goes that the Illini coaches heard that and kind of looked at each other like, “okayyyy...we’ll be in touch.”  And of course they didn’t take him, the Illinois kid. 

If that's true, it's hilarious...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoosierfan34 said:

So...word is that when Justin leaves IU, he has a recruiting visit with the Illini coaches. During that visit, he’s complaining about his former IU teammates not passing him the ball when he’s open on the perimeter. He said something like, “There wouldn’t be anyone guarding me on the perimeter and they wouldn’t give me the ball.”

Lol. I died laughing. I wonder why, Justin??  And the story goes that the Illini coaches heard that and kind of looked at each other like, “okayyyy...we’ll be in touch.”  And of course they didn’t take him, the Illinois kid. 

Ouch...hope that wasn't true. If so, we're definitely better off now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

So...word is that when Justin leaves IU, he has a recruiting visit with the Illini coaches. During that visit, he’s complaining about his former IU teammates not passing him the ball when he’s open on the perimeter. He said something like, “There wouldn’t be anyone guarding me on the perimeter and they wouldn’t give me the ball.”

Lol. I died laughing. I wonder why, Justin??  And the story goes that the Illini coaches heard that and kind of looked at each other like, “okayyyy...we’ll be in touch.”  And of course they didn’t take him, the Illinois kid. 

For a kid that is supposed to be very bright, his self-awareness seems a bit lacking

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...