Bryce Hopkins Commits to Kentucky

HoosierJax

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Do we have a chance with any of these out of state 2021 5 stars? Seems like we are picking the shotgun back up for this class. 

I think if you have a top Illinois kid who is looking at Illinois, Northwestern, OSU, MI, MSU, etc, IU has to be involved. Would seem odd if we weren’t 

13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Do we have a chance with any of these out of state 2021 5 stars? Seems like we are picking the shotgun back up for this class. 

I think it's very clear Archie is telling the home state kids, fans,etc...that he offered multiple in state guys, allowed time for them to commit and none have. We'll keep recruiting until people say yes.

5 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

As long as CAM isn’t the guy handing out toothbrushes 

That would be an NCAA extra benefits violation worthy of a 3 year post-season ban.  Unless it was Duke or North Carolina.  Then the NCAA would praise them for taking an interest in a kids Dental health. 

Could even turn into one of the fake classes at UNC.  'Dental Health 101'  Brush your teeth every day and get an automatic 'A;  Flossing can give you extra credit if you miss a day.  .  

On 6/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Both of you are absolutely right but all I’m saying is that it’s reminiscent of the Crean approach to recruiting. 

FWIW, we have 7 offers out to '21 kids and 3 of those offers were made between July and October of 2018.  This is nowhere close to what we would have had under Crean.  Archie is far more focused and it just seems like Crean recruiting because of the 4 offers just this month.  AAU season is in full swing and this is prime offering season.  

10 hours ago, IU4Ever said:

FWIW, we have 7 offers out to '21 kids and 3 of those offers were made between July and October of 2018.  This is nowhere close to what we would have had under Crean.  Archie is far more focused and it just seems like Crean recruiting because of the 4 offers just this month.  AAU season is in full swing and this is prime offering season.  

Agreed... I be throwing out offers all over the place...I like almost every kid for IU lol. I do think Archie has a type..we see a lot of  similar styles for each position. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Bryce Hopkins is taking an unofficial visit to IU this weekend.

I'm sure it's been covered in other conversations. Same AAU program as Juwan Morgan....but same program that has fed Kansas so many prospects. Coach could probably come along and give us a better idea of he and Christie. Both from Chicago area (Oak Park and Rolling Meadows). Huge upside and talent for this kid. Like that we are getting him down for an unofficial.

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

It was you.

Wow. Digging up comments from June 23rd when my post was made before Leal, Galloway, Jerome commits with the premise being (especially for first two) that they've had ample time to commit and hadn't so Archie was looking around. Talk about context. 

Hope the day gets better for you. 

On 6/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, Seeking6 said:

I think it's very clear Archie is telling the home state kids, fans,etc...that he offered multiple in state guys, allowed time for them to commit and none have. We'll keep recruiting until people say yes.

The kid headlined here is a 2021 recruit. See nothing in your post about 2020 kids. Which makes no since to begin with why a 2021 recruit would have any bearing on a 2020 kid. Made it read you were wanting 21 kids to act.  Having a great day, woke up this morning. Hope your day is a great one to.

Archived