Your least liked sports teams.

22 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Purdue, Kentucky, NY Yankees, Chicago Blackhawks, Detroit Red Wings, Pittsburgh Steelers

Good list.  PU, because we are IU.  Kentucky, for the same reason. Grew up in NWI as a Blackhawk fan, who went to their games.  But would include the Red Wings, because of at the time I was a Blackhawk fan.  Great rivalry, though.  And Steelers.... because they were well, the Steelers. 

Kentucky (and that includes the old Colonels of the ABA...Despised them too)

(Space intentional)

Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, St Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Dodgers (although the Brooklyn Dodgers are historically one of my favorites), Purdue...

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

College or pro. Any sport.  OK to have more than one (or two or three or more ) .

College-Purdue, Kentucky, Illinois, and Ohio St

Pro-Packers, Cowboys, Cardinals, White Sox

There are a few honorable mentions depending on time of year, whichever sport is in season but those I listed usually are year round. 

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Good list.  PU, because we are IU.  Kentucky, for the same reason. Grew up in NWI as a Blackhawk fan, who went to their games.  But would include the Red Wings, because of at the time I was a Blackhawk fan.  Great rivalry, though.  And Steelers.... because they were well, the Steelers. 

And I'm from the opposite side of both rivalries.  Long time (but no longer long-suffering #playgloria) Blues fan.  Hawks rivalry needs no explanation, and I grew to loathe Detroit after being eliminated from the playoffs by the them in something like 5 out of 7 years in the late 90s/early 00s.

Irony, my dad was a native south-sider and grew up a Hawks fan, favorite player being Bobby Hull.  My team winds up being the Blues, naturally my favorite player being Brett Hull. 

25 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And I'm from the opposite side of both rivalries.  Long time (but no longer long-suffering #playgloria) Blues fan.  Hawks rivalry needs no explanation, and I grew to loathe Detroit after being eliminated from the playoffs by the them in something like 5 out of 7 years in the late 90s/early 00s.

Irony, my dad was a native south-sider and grew up a Hawks fan, favorite player being Bobby Hull.  My team winds up being the Blues, naturally my favorite player being Brett Hull. 

Bobby Hull. And Stan Mikita.  Two all time favorites of mine. Yeah, Red Wings on the not favorite team list. 

Your dad being a south-sider, I am going to assume his least favorite team was the Cubs.  And what a trip to the Chicago Stadium to watch the Blackhawks it was. Weird, scary, and exhilarating. After dark.  All at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WOW! Surprised at all the Yankee hatred......

Hey, really something to be proud of...they win...a lot...so it's probably more envy than hate...

I mean you don't see the Miami Marlins or Detroit Lions on anybody's list, right?

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Bobby Hull. And Stan Mikita.  Two all time favorites of mine. Yeah, Red Wings on the not favorite team list. 

Your dad being a south-sider, I am going to assume his least favorite team was the Cubs.  And what a trip to the Chicago Stadium to watch the Blackhawks it was. Weird, scary, and exhilarating. After dark.  All at the same time. 

You'd be correct.  Was also a Sox fan. 

And I've heard stories about the old Chicago Stadium.  I think he was only half joking when he said when the game would let out, you'd see all the cigarette smoke rolling out the doors, making it almost look like the building was on fire. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think most people hate certain teams more because of their obnoxious fans than the team itself.

I think you are wrong.  Cardinal fans are baseball purists.  They understand the game.  They, like the Yankees, are a proud and very successful franchise.  Hell, my Dad is a Cardinal fan.  

Archived