Your least liked sports teams.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

You'd be correct.  Was also a Sox fan. 

And I've heard stories about the old Chicago Stadium.  I think he was only half joking when he said when the game would let out, you'd see all the cigarette smoke rolling out the doors, making it almost look like the building was on fire. 

Then there was the International Amphitheater.   First home of the Chicago Bulls, before the Chicago Stadium.  One season.  Prior to becoming an NBA team, the Bulls were first, the Chicago Packers, and then the Chicago Zephyrs.  Reason for the Packers name ? The International Amphitheater was next to the Chicago Stock Yards.  And boy, did it smell.

I watched the Packers, Zephyrs, and eventually the Bulls play in the IA,as a youngster, on WGN...broadcast by Jack Brickhouse. Who did both the White Sox and Cubs games on WGN in the summer.

International Amphitheatre 

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I think you are wrong.  Cardinal fans are baseball purists.  They understand the game.  They, like the Yankees, are a proud and very successful franchise.  Hell, my Dad is a Cardinal fan.  

Yeah, I know plenty of Packer fans, and there isn't a one of them I don't like. 

And I agree about Cardinal Fans 100%. I've been to way more Cardinal games than I should admit to, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. 

13 minutes ago, rico said:

No, you alluded to obnoxious fans as a reason people dis-like a team.

Yes I did and stand by that but what does that have to do with the Cardinals because I don't hate them  My main reason for disliking the Cubs are the fans who came out of the  wood work once the Cubs got good wo probably couldn't tell you who were on the Cubs 10 years ago.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes I did and stand by that but what does that have to do with the Cardinals because I don't hate them  My main reason for disliking the Cubs are the fans who came out of the  wood work once the Cubs got good wo probably couldn't tell you who were on the Cubs 10 years ago.

Ok, Scott, here we go.

You asserted that most people didn't like teams because that team had obnoxious fans.

Rico had the Cards on his list.

I had the Cards on my list.

Then, we both explained their fans were not the reason we disliked the team.

I won't speak for Rico, but I personally dislike the Cardinals because they are my favorite teams' biggest rival. That's simply it.

Comprendes, Mendes?

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, Scott, here we go.

You asserted that most people didn't like teams because that team had obnoxious fans.

I won't speak for Rico, but I personally dislike the Cardinals because they are my favorite teams' biggest rival. That's simply it.

Comprendes, Mendes?

Never said that is the only reason to dislike a team but one of the reason.  I hate Purdue because they are our rivals but most of the other teams I dislike is because of their fans.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Never said that is the only reason to dislike a team but one of the reason.  I hate Purdue because they are our rivals but most of the other teams I dislike is because of their fans.

Every team has some obnoxious fans...even IU, the Pacers, and the Reds.

I despise Kentucky because they're IU's rival. Back in the day, IU/UK was bigger than UNC/Duke. I hate them because they've been caught with their hands in the cookie jar on numerous occasions, and are unrepentant.

Do they have obnoxious fans? Sure they do...and from what I've seen, in abundance. But that's not the reason I dislike them, or any other team.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Ummmm.....from you

I think most people hate certain teams more because of their obnoxious fans than the team itself.

"Most"?  

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, Scott, here we go.

Comprendes, Mendes?

You spoke for me very well....Thank You.

8 hours ago, rico said:

You spoke for me very well....Thank You.

You're welcome. I think the really funny thing is I actually agree with a lot of stuff Scott says, even though I think his delivery could use some polish.

But not in this instance.

Archived