Trey Patterson Commits to Villanova

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Let's make it three Treys per game -

Husky joke.jpg

Should IU land all three. Just imagine the call from Don Fischer : " Trey cleans the board off the defensive rebound. Throws a bullet to Trey across mid court. Who gives the ball up to Trey for the dunk ! " "That's what I call an IU Treyfecta! "

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sign all 3 and we have Trey to the 3rd power or Trey cubed

Interesting because him and Kaufman play same type of game/position. Doubt they both sign on. Cam seems to always have a back up plan and way to push kids into making the right decision.

8 hours ago, coachv said:

can't believe this dude (highlights) is a sophomore

I think that is why he is a 5* kid. He is physically mature and does a lot of things very well. Wouldn’t say he is super great at any one thing or his athleticism is off the board...just a really mature basketball player that could play right away and help. His body and his game will be ready from day 1 and he will contribute immediately to someone. I think Kaufman has more upside but this kid is ready to come in and start from day 1.  He has been playing up a level in his summer ball and still playing well. He is a really good prospect. Being from New Jersey I imagine Bruiser is lead on this kid.

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think that is why he is a 5* kid. He is physically mature and does a lot of things very well. Wouldn’t say he is super great at any one thing or his athleticism is off the board...just a really mature basketball player that could play right away and help. His body and his game will be ready from day 1 and he will contribute immediately to someone. I think Kaufman has more upside but this kid is ready to come in and start from day 1.  He has been playing up a level in his summer ball and still playing well. He is a really good prospect. Being from New Jersey I imagine Bruiser is lead on this kid.

You have seen these guys much more than I.  Can you see a path of taking both Trey's and cool off on Furst  by our staff?

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You have seen these guys much more than I.  Can you see a path of taking both Trey's and cool off on Furst  by our staff?

I just follow a lot of recruiting sites...I don’t go to the tournaments or anything so I have no insider knowledge at all. Sorry wish I did. 

As for your question both Treys are more 3/ stretch 4s. Furst is a 4/5 imo and play different style game (Furst more back to basket). We could take both certainly but I find it highly unlikely. Then again I didn’t think we would land three 6’5 wings this offseason lol...but there is enough difference in game for them to coexist. The Treys could coexist and I mean look at UKs roster...but I don’t think we would do it. I do think Patterson is more advanced with his shot then Kaufman...but I think Kaufman would bang more be a better defender at the 4. So they could play Patterson at the 3 (think Hunter) and Kaufman at the 4 (like a more offensive Smith). Just given our history of trouble attracting bigs I don’t see us getting both. I think Kaufman is almost a lock...but we are pursuing Patterson just like we did Morton and others to push these kids along in their mind. I think Furst is still a long shot. The UVA connection with what others are saying worries me but I am happy to hear we are still in it. Never know Virginia May take a couple higher recruits and push him down to us. I think we are in a good position to land one of them at least...kinda like the Bridges, Geronimo, Cross recruitment.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

i saw him rated as a 4*. he looks like he is 25

Patterson vs Kaufman is interesting. 

This would be similar to the Matt Cross vs Jordan Geronimo recruitment.  Matt was leaning towards IU until Geronimo committed, then Matt went elsewhere.   Kaufman is sought after especially with Archie wanting to recruit from within the state then moving out.  I assume Kaufman is leaning IU especially making so many trips on his families own time.  If Patterson commits I could see Kaufman leaning elsewhere.  Maybe I am wrong.

20 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This would be similar to the Matt Cross vs Jordan Geronimo recruitment.  Matt was leaning towards IU until Geronimo committed, then Matt went elsewhere.   Kaufman is sought after especially with Archie wanting to recruit from within the state then moving out.  I assume Kaufman is leaning IU especially making so many trips on his families own time.  If Patterson commits I could see Kaufman leaning elsewhere.  Maybe I am wrong.

I thought Kaufman was 2020..

edit: my bad I see he is 2021 as well.

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I think Patterson is great to get to visit but I think he is a long shot...especially compared to Kaufman. I think this Archie stoking the fires keeping the recruiting trail hot and making sure we don't have holes in our roster. If it happens to put some pressure on a kid to make a commitment to us...so be it.

Archived