Trey Patterson Commits to Villanova

17 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Man the board on him has gone stale. Out of all the players I know Kaufman and Aminu are priority one but man the more I watch of him the more I like. I hope that we can land him. Any news on him?

Considering our needs for guys that can play a stretch 4...he would fit the program perfectly. That said I get the feeling he is a fall back for TK if he doesn’t pop for us.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Considering our needs for guys that can play a stretch 4...he would fit the program perfectly. That said I get the feeling he is a fall back for TK if he doesn’t pop for us.

Actually I think he’s developing himself into more of a wing instead of a stretch 4. 

16 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Actually I think he’s developing himself into more of a wing instead of a stretch 4. 

I think he is angling that way. That is why I think he and TK overlap. They both want to play the 3-4. I sure wouldn’t mind having trey Treys on the team though!

• 4 weeks later...

It is odd to me when kids offer up their 10 to 20 team list of possible choices. I get it, but at that point it's clear they have no idea or they are not interested in making a decision anytime soon. Let me know when you're down to 3 or 4 and a decision is on the horizon. 

Say you are a recruit that’s hearing from 20 schools every other day this is a chance to cut down the amount of calls and texts and thing like that in half. Yes it’s kind of annoying when kids do a top 10 but that tells me there’s still a decent amount of schools he wants to hear from but just not everyone.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Guarantee it comes with a follow up tweet that it's his "top 10, not final 10 and that he's still open". 

I don’t know. I’d say there’s a better chance if he was a football recruit for that to be the case.

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Say you are a recruit that’s hearing from 20 schools every other day this is a chance to cut down the amount of calls and texts and thing like that in half. Yes it’s kind of annoying when kids do a top 10 but that tells me there’s still a decent amount of schools he wants to hear from but just not everyone.

I hear you, but still an attention grab (which is fine).

If the reasoning is simply to reduce the amount of calls and texts, he could simply make that list and tweet it out.

But saying "I am going to, stay tuned etc" would not be needed. That's a primer.

Fair to say  maybe a bit of both in his motivation. I have no problem with it. It is how it goes in 2020.

Archived