Trey Patterson Commits to Villanova

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wondering since there will be no summer ball if kids will decide to commit earlier and stay closer to home.  So I would think either Villanova or Rutgers if he stays close to home.  Hopefully we will have this with Kaufman and maybe Wesley who will decide to stay closer to home and go where you have already visited.

I've always had the feeling that this is one we could be on the right side of a shock decision for.  Probably wrong but really hope there's substance to my feeling because having him at the stretch 4 would be ideal for me because I think we need to reload our frontcourt after Trayce leaves and he, along with Kaufman, could help day 1.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:00 AM, Vincent14 said:

I've always had the feeling that this is one we could be on the right side of a shock decision for.  Probably wrong but really hope there's substance to my feeling because having him at the stretch 4 would be ideal for me because I think we need to reload our frontcourt after Trayce leaves and he, along with Kaufman, could help day 1.

The other site is saying it's Nova.

Just a little highlight video...mostly 3s and dunks. Maybe my memory is going bad as I thought he was a little bigger and could play the 4 for us but this video reminds me a lot more of Hunter. Not a bad thing just we might not be addressing our 4 spot with this signing if we are so fortunate.

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Out of all the kids we’ve recruited, this is one of the few I haven’t said anything positive about.  I’m sure he will be fine with Nova under Jay Wright but I’d prefer Kaufman for our situation.  

No question he's a talent and would be a welcome addition, but that top ten list...😂😂😂

I too would prefer Kaufman at IU, but I wouldn't turn this kid down even after "the list"...

That leads to Trey Patterson, who we know has scheduled a commitment for June 18. Florida, Indiana and UConn are seen as potential landing spots, but don’t count out Villanova, which has garnered most of the talk in recent weeks. Beyond the group, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see a handful of others decide to call it a day with things, especially if they come to grasp with the idea that they won’t be taking visits this summer if the recruiting ban is extended beyond July 31. 

Saw this quote about Trey Patterson by Cory Evans and kind of surprised me because I thought Villanova was the presumed leader.

21 hours ago, Indykev said:

I guess i've missed the Final Fours we have been to the last few years that some fans would want to pass on a talent like this kid.

I don't see that sentiment.  I see a preference for Kaufman.  If IU only gets one, which one do you want?  Pretty unlikely they both end up at IU.

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't see that sentiment.  I see a preference for Kaufman.  If IU only gets one, which one do you want?  Pretty unlikely they both end up at IU.

Both play similar position but easily could play next to each other. I could see Patterson playing the 3 and Kaufman the 4 at the same time no problem.

In fact if Trayce and Lander came back imagine Lander, Mohammad, Patterson, Kaufman, Trayce lineup. That with our other guys could compete for a NC.

Archived