Trey Patterson Commits to Villanova

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Or in @5fouls case which wife you are on. God I’d mess up there names...I can’t even imagine how often he does that.

I just call them "Hey You." 

Such as "Hey You.  Where's the remote?"  Or, "Hey You.  When you mowing the lawn?"  It make it easier that way.   

Crazier things have definitely happened in recruiting but I would also be surprised if he didn’t end up at Nova.

I like what I see and hear from Archie in regards to recruiting but I feel like there’s this unfortunate theme with out of state recruits that we seem to always be the bridesmaid but never the bride. 

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I would just like for once for us to be that shock choice.  It does happen occasionally.  Just never for us it seems.

Noah Vonleh, Robert Johnson and even Thomas Bryant (was Cuse lock)....JB Jr could be considered a shock because of the other interested party.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Noah Vonleh, Robert Johnson and even Thomas Bryant (was Cuse lock)....JB Jr could be considered a shock because of the other interested party.

I don't think Vonleh ever had a true front runner.   Bryant was not a shock at all due to what Cuse was potentially going through.  I do believe UNC was the favorite for RJ but never a lock.  JBJ was not a surprise at all.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m the gift that keeps on giving :)

6 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Honestly, I like what you bring to the board. 

I don't mind it.  We know he's a Turdue homer but it's sometimes interesting seeing the thought process from the feed lot.

This is fake news. I looked up the list of people Patterson follows and TJD, Archie and IUBB are at the top of his list for me as well - but that is because I ALSO follow them. If I click unfollow - it can appear as though I am not following them and they are Trey's most recent follows. I think this is just someone trying to stir up the IU fan base. In all likelihood - Patterson has been following these accounts for months.

21 minutes ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

This is fake news. I looked up the list of people Patterson follows and TJD, Archie and IUBB are at the top of his list for me as well - but that is because I ALSO follow them. If I click unfollow - it can appear as though I am not following them and they are Trey's most recent follows. I think this is just someone trying to stir up the IU fan base. In all likelihood - Patterson has been following these accounts for months.

I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation, probably isn’t on twitter all that often and isn’t aware of who he’s following or not following currently.

I would still trust the 1000 recruiting journalists that say it’s Nova lol. Figured I’d spread some cautious optimism though! 

1 hour ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

This. It's all algorithm based. They're are going to show you what aligns with you most. If someone is in Philly, is a Nova fan and follows a ton of Nova players and coaches, the experience they recieve when looking at his followers list would reflect a bias towards Nova. It doesn't mean he followed them most recently. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Probably doesn’t mean anything but it ain’t over till it’s over!

EEBBFED3-5AA3-490C-B146-E5F1C8D58920.png

Not trying to give this validity...and I still think he goes to Nova...but he only follows 150 accounts...I did a quick once through and didn’t notice any Nova coaches or players(definitely could have overlooked them) did see some Rutgers commits, Carter Whitt, and a few other recognizable names....I’m going to remain pessimistic though lol 

on my second time through I did find one Nova commit and there assistant coach

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This. It's all algorithm based. They're are going to show you what aligns with you most. If someone is in Philly, is a Nova fan and follows a ton of Nova players and coaches, the experience they recieve when looking at his followers list would reflect a bias towards Nova. It doesn't mean he followed them most recently. 

So, you're saying there is a reason behind all of the divorce attorneys appearing at the top of my follower list.  

21 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I would just like for once for us to be that shock choice.  It does happen occasionally.  Just never for us it seems.

I think Duncomb somewhat falls in this category though he didn’t have a commitment date announced prior to his commitment. 

Well this would be a giant shock choice for me.  Not because IU's not a great destination, but more so because of the strength of the competition.  It would be a nice coup to beat Villanova almost in their back yard for a recruit of this level.  It's wise to stay pessimistic here, mostly simply because of the numbers.  Even the best programs miss more than they get and IU has a lot of high quality interest.

...but as I said before...top three is a lot more interesting than top ten.  Props to the staff for their efforts here.

Archived