Trey Patterson Commits to Villanova

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was really confident with my source saying Duncomb was coming weeks before he announced.  Also confident that Kaufman was popping early so what do I know 

I feel real good about Kaufman.   Seems like he just wants his moment and I can't blame him.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I feel real good about Kaufman.   Seems like he just wants his moment and I can't blame him.

I agree. I think as all big time players go getting a UK or Duke offer is big. Even if you dont go or ever want to go their hearing they want you is huge. I feel he is ours no matter who else might offer

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

it will be nice to start winning NCAA games again and make deep runs every year to be able to pull in top out of state players.

I’m wondering if they will even play this year. I mean 26 Clemson football players come down with COVID. Not sure any sports will get off the ground.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m wondering if they will even play this year. I mean 26 Clemson football players come down with COVID. Not sure any sports will get off the ground.

That would be our luck wouldn't it?  No season and Trayce and Lander are in the 2021 draft

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That would be our luck wouldn't it?  No season and Trayce and Lander are in the 2021 draft

Well the only saving grace is that COVID for an 18 year old is generally similar to a bad cold if even that. However for the coaches/staff...much more a concern.

We are seeing huge influxes here in Florida because of two things...young people now getting tested and showing big contraction ratios (however almost none needing hospitalization) and also a big influx in our migrant and Hispanic population who some older ones are needing hospitalization but younger not...and this is exasperated because credit to them they live in big extended family units across multi generations and take care of their own instead of putting in retirement homes etc but thus spread is almost certain living with someone with Covid.

Not that there is no threat to young primarily African Americans there is...but most are fit and very healthy with few health conditions but those with asthma and other conditions would be at risk....and the avg student they come in contact with and professors would be at risk.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

They will play. those positive arent showing signs or just a little runny nose.the 26 are both players and staff not just all players. We will see this all over when you start testing all these kids that arent even sick but asymptomatic.

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

They will play. those positive arent showing signs or just a little runny nose.the 26 are both players and staff not just all players. We will see this all over when you start testing all these kids that arent even sick but asymptomatic.

26 is what, about 1/4 of the operation counting players and staff?  Progressive thinking such as Sweden says get everyone antibodies as quickly as possible before season starts.  Smell the conspiracy theorists in me?

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

26 is what, about 1/4 of the operation counting players and staff?  Progressive thinking such as Sweden says get everyone antibodies as quickly as possible before season starts.  Smell the conspiracy theorists in me?

Honestly the herd effect has merits. That said I’m not sure if this virus is something you can catch over and over like seasonal flu or colds. If that is the case then it won’t do much good from keeping you from spreading to your at risk adults. Personally this is how I felt from the start you just quarantine high risk individuals like elderly, asthmatic, obese, and diabetic etc and let the rest of us work and carry on because it would just drag this on forever..but every time I think I know something the CDC and so called experts change their findings so I don’t know what to believe.

Archived