Jalen Bridges - 2020 Commits to West Virginia

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just saw he plays at the Scotland Campus, it’s right down the street from where I played in college, and my assistant coach from college is now an assistant there. Guess I need to do some recruiting! 

Thoughts on his game, fit with the system, etc?

21 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Thoughts on his game, fit with the system, etc?

Oh, I never heard of the kid until I saw this thread. Once I saw Scotland Campus, I knew my old assistant coach was coaching there. Was joking about doing some recruiting. 

55 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

80 schools is a joke.  There's no way he has interest in at least 70 of those schools...looks like he is just collecting offers.

I mean, is that a bad thing?

Seriously, it’s not impossible to imagine some of these kids just love playing the game more than they even love a particular team or two.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

80 schools is a joke.  There's no way he has interest in at least 70 of those schools...looks like he is just collecting offers.

So you’re telling me if you’re a high school kid you’re a single male and 80 girls give you their number you’re going to reject it to decide which one you wanna marry? Not all of those women you’ll have interest in but you’re being nice because they put the effort in to try courting you. This is a once in a life time chance to get all eyes on you. Don’t judge a kid for something that you would do the exact same thing for. Every single one of these high end recruits have the exact same amount yet they don’t post it which I find a tad more disrespectful. He can easily take it from 80 down to 10 or 5 then it’s exactly the same situation as the other kids.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I've brought this up in other threads on other recruits. If the NCAA ever goes to a situation where athletes can get paid for their likeness,etc....one of the main ways kids get to that point is by number of followers. How do you get more followers? You list dozens and dozens of schools during your recruitment to build the follower numbers and hope they don't unfollow when you choose a school. Something to keep an eye on.

I'm sure a lot of those small school offers came early before he blew up.  So not really suprised by the amount.  Had he been projected higher earlier on the majority of those schools wouldn't have wasted their time.

Go Hoosiers!!!

On 7/3/2019 at 11:04 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

So you’re telling me if you’re a high school kid you’re a single male and 80 girls give you their number you’re going to reject it to decide which one you wanna marry? Not all of those women you’ll have interest in but you’re being nice because they put the effort in to try courting you. This is a once in a life time chance to get all eyes on you. Don’t judge a kid for something that you would do the exact same thing for. Every single one of these high end recruits have the exact same amount yet they don’t post it which I find a tad more disrespectful. He can easily take it from 80 down to 10 or 5 then it’s exactly the same situation as the other kids.

I think he's looking at it from the opposite direction you are, if I'm a high school single male and there's a girl that 80 others guys are after, and she posts a pic with all 80 of their faces behind her, I'm going to focus elsewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived