Was Oladipo IU's best dunker of all time ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Don't recall many highlight dunks, and knight probably would have considered some of the dunks we see today as showboating and benched him, but I remember hearing stories of Andre Harris grabbing dollar bills off the top of the backboard at practice.

But to answer your question, I would have to say yes.

11 minutes ago, HoosierTownie said:

I remember hearing stories of Andre Harris grabbing dollar bills off the top of the backboard at practice.

As the old joke goes:  Harris could grab dollar bills from the top of the backboard, and still have time to leave change on the way down.

55 minutes ago, rico said:

I think we need an "IU elders forum".  If nobody remembers Ray Tolbert and Landon Turner throwing them down, then I am just old.

Have watched about 5 games from that era lately and Tolbert running the lanes for a dunk was a thing of beauty.

For pure violence without worrying about form, Tolbert hands down.

McGinnis by rule couldn't dunk, but he would get the ball over and just outside of the rim and kinda flick his wrist downward. Technically not a dunk, but it was damned close.

And he threw some of the prettiest behind-the-back passes I've ever seen.

25 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wasn't in an IU uniform long, but Killingsworth could put it down too.

Was just thinking about him too. Besides the Duke dunk....did we ever have another player score as many points in a season on dunks? Felt like he was always dunking the one year he played for us. 

Archived