Ed Schilling Moving On...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My initial reaction was that this was bad.  Then I saw Martha the Mop Lady tweeted something like “people who think this is bad for IU need to pay closer attention” so now I don’t know what to think 😂.  I came here to see if anyone here had some info.  Hope we can get someone good to replace him.  

1 minute ago, HoosierMama said:

My initial reaction was that this was bad.  Then I saw Martha the Mop Lady tweeted something like “people who think this is bad for IU need to pay closer attention” so now I don’t know what to think 😂.  I came here to see if anyone here had some info.  Hope we can get someone good to replace him.  

Well maybe he is going to work for Adidas 

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Ed used to train my daughter at champions,  so I am admittedly biased towards him.  Super good dude, with a ton of connections.  Hopefully this doesn't bite us in the arse

Does Lander have an older brother we can hire?

I haven't  read any of this thread but I am not surprised by this news,Ed is a Christian man who has strong beliefs in his religion...and I think he likes to spread his word thur basketball while keeping his ties to the State of Indiana..and he has thur many years..sometime it comes about that his calling goes in another direction..but you can always connect the dots..thanks Ed for being a "Hoosier "!

15 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Reading the tweets he just thinks IU could get a better Assistant than Ed.

18 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Dan Dakitch mentioned in the past that Ed is a terrible practice coach and got that from UCLA.  Hard to beleive; however something to share.

So, Danny says Ed learned bad practice habits from Alford, yet Dan promoted Steve for the IU job every chance he got. 

Good old Dan is quite the man of principle.  :coffee:

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, Danny says Ed learned bad practice habits from Alford, yet Dan promoted Steve for the IU job every chance he got. 

Good old Dan is quite the man of principle.  :coffee:

When I heard him talk about it, it was when Ed would run practices, not with Steve there.  Anyhow, not sure its all talk - but he is connected 

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Ed used to train my daughter at champions,  so I am admittedly biased towards him.  Super good dude, with a ton of connections.  Hopefully this doesn't bite us in the arse

Correct me if I am wrong. But did not Ed do that when he worked under Alford at UCLA?  In that respect, I hope he is moving on in his own volition. Rather than for spite.   

Don't know Ed, on a personal basis as do you. However, as I said earlier, I do like him. And it seems that many Indiana HS coaches liked and respected him as you do. Not happy that he is moving on. Just hope it is under good circumstances. 

Archived