Ed Schilling Moving On...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Uhhh, yeah...I forgot to login before I wrote it. 

No worries. I have some Artesian friends and they are complete airheads. I told one of them that his mom and my mom went to different schools together and he still to this day doesn’t understand it’s a joke.

1 hour ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

Can we bring back the Shot Doctor? I think adding someone to the staff that can really coach shooting form would be a big bonus. I think this could really help our team - one example I can give you is Collin Hartman's senior year. He was leaning and falling back on his jump shot throughout the year - it never got fixed and it was blatantly obvious. This resulted in a huge decrease in his 3 point shooting accuracy. This would never have happened when we had the Shot Doctor - he was always there to help people who were struggling. 

What about that guy with the pole barn (north of Indy area maybe?) that a bunch of guys went to to get ready for the draft???  

As much as I have stated how much I like/liked Ed.  And IF Archie was instrumental in what has gone on with Ed. I have got to say... "Well done, ArchIe". "You promised to lock up the state of Indiana for us".  And ... " I would hope that this is your way of living up to that promise. "

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Do we bring in an ex NBA guy...doesn't have to be one of our own...but certainly would allow us to speak authoritively on what it takes to get your game there and what to expect in the process....seem kids are most interested in this. Heck it could even be an ex-Pacer or someone with ties to the state...not necessarily IU. Any thoughts?

What is Randy Wittman doing these days?

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not Chuck Person even though he was a former Pacer

Yeah definitely not him. Problem with ex-NBA is they have so much money it's hard to find one willing to do this much work unless they are trying to get into the coaching profession. That said it could be anyone we felt comfortable with not just an ex-Pacer but perhaps even an ex-Indiana native nba player...Bonzi Wells, Josh McRoberts, a Greg Graham...would Jared Jefferies like to come back or is his E-gaming doing too good....anyways...would love to get some NBA representative on the program for those kids that have the dream to go that route. 

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Perfect example...and an ex-Pacer.....and ex-coach of the year in the NBA.

I doubt a lot of the former NBA coaches would want to move to college to ben assistant coach especially if they have no college experience at all.  The one I would look at would be Keith Smart if he was interested in coming to the college game.  also one thing I worry about with NBA coaches would be their lack of knowing the NCAA rules and would worry that they would not care if they bent some rules.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

This. I'm all for having an "IU guy" on the bench, but I want Archie to hire the best fit for 'his' program. If it's a former IU player then that is bonus. All that really matters at the end of the day is winning. If you win, fans and recruits, etc. won't care if there's an IU guy on the bench.  

Agreed. Winning, period. Do that and the non IU guy suddenly becomes an IU guy.

I mean, no IU guy was an IU guy until they were  :)

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I've been golfing today and had a few. At first glance. That was a very fair assessment. Archie is looking for results. Right now seems like others are delivering. Mutual breakup is best I can see so far. Others mentioned earlier....I like the fact that Archie is in charge enough to make a change with a guy who is obviously so well known in Indiana. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

IU fans hissing about a radio talk show host ?  Now. I wonder who that could be ? 

I swear.  Alex's dad reads HSN.

By the way. Thanks for the link 5.

I'm convinced Alex's Dad does, Alex does, Query and Schultz do as well.....we discuss things on here and poof 24-48 hours it's a topic for them. Just in case both Bozich family members are reading this. The White Sox suck. Your rebuild sucks. We'll see you in a few years. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm convinced Alex's Dad does, Alex does, Query and Schultz do as well.....we discuss things on here and poof 24-48 hours it's a topic for them. Just in case both Bozich family members are reading this. The White Sox suck. Your rebuild sucks. We'll see you in a few years. 

Well. Going to the way back machine, again.  Back to John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the Scout network.  And when Alex was just starting to get his site off the ground. We all supported his effort on Hoosier Nation back then. Being an IU grad and all.  Would promote and link his work as much as we could.  Much the way we do today on HSN 3.0 for The Daily Hoosier.  It's great. To have so many IU sites available to us.  And to think that we have been a part of it.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt a lot of the former NBA coaches would want to move to college to ben assistant coach especially if they have no college experience at all.  The one I would look at would be Keith Smart if he was interested in coming to the college game.  also one thing I worry about with NBA coaches would be their lack of knowing the NCAA rules and would worry that they would not care if they bent some rules.

The “challenge” to me in regards to Smart, Wittman and Calbert is.....are guys in the 50+ year old range, that have already made multi-millions of dollars, really  willing to be effective recruiters running around begging 17 year olds to go to IU? I’m not sure that is the case. The ideal scenario is a motivated young guy with some offensive coaching skills. Not sure that person is available but based on the past two years I think it is clear we need an offensive minded assistant.

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

The “challenge” to me in regards to Smart, Wittman and Calbert is.....are guys in the 50+ year old range, that have already made multi-millions of dollars, really  willing to be effective recruiters running around begging 17 year olds to go to IU? I’m not sure that is the case. The ideal scenario is a motivated young guy with some offensive coaching skills. Not sure that person is available but based on the past two years I think it is clear we need an offensive minded assistant.

Conversely. A guy in his 50's. Who has made millions of dollars. Spearheaded by his time at IU.  And is not in it for the money. But rather, his love of the game. And his love of IU for what IU  has done for him. Might just want to repay IU. Not only for what IU did for him. But for the simple pleasure of loving the game.  No strings attached. Just a love of the game. And IU.  And who does not love the great city of B-town ?  IUBB and B-town. A match made in heaven. 

Archived