Ed Schilling Moving On...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I’ve seen it mentioned on another board that a high school coach was getting interviewed. A name I hadn’t seen mentioned but just thought about was Galloway. 

How about JR Holmes from Bloomington South or former North Central coach Mitchell

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

agree just thinking of prominent high school coaches

It probably isn’t someone prominent as much as someone connected to a recruit or an up and comer. This is why I mention Galloway because that would probably lock up Trey to come to IU. Not to mention Culver has gone to the state finals back to back years.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

It probably isn’t someone prominent as much as someone connected to a recruit or an up and comer. This is why I mention Galloway because that would probably lock up Trey to come to IU. Not to mention Culver has gone to the state finals back to back years.

A name I would look at is Greg Tonagel the HC of Indiana Wesleyan.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

A name I would look at is Greg Tonagel the HC of Indiana Wesleyan.

Yes, I think he would be a great hire. I remember his name was mentioned on this site when the HC position had opened. I was really intrigued by him at the time, but not as the HC. 

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How about JR Holmes from Bloomington South or former North Central coach Mitchell

My mind never went to a HS coach. However, since it was mentioned. My mind went immediately to Chris Hawkins.  The former "Birdman" on our board. Currently HC at Indianapolis Crispus Attucks.  A close insider to the IU program over the years. And yes. A great friend of mine.

If we are going the High School route. I could not think of a finer candidate, than Chris.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

My mind never went to a HS coach. However, since it was mentioned. My mind went immediately to Chris Hawkins.  The former "Birdman" on our board. Currently HC at Indianapolis Crispus Attucks.  A close insider to the IU program over the years. And yes. A great friend of mine.

If we are going the High School route. I could not think of a finer candidate, than Chis.

Another Indiana high school coach I thought of was Jason Delaney who coaches at Cathedral now.  He has won championships at Walderon and tech and if I am not mistaken coaches AAU.  ball as well.  I am not sure how the high school coaches got started but I don't see Archie going that route.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Another Indiana high school coach I thought of was Jason Delaney who coaches at Cathedral now.  He has won championships at Walderon and tech and if I am not mistaken coaches AAU.  ball as well.  I am not sure how the high school coaches got started but I don't see Archie going that route.

DC2345 posted  above that he saw on another site that a High School coach was being interviewed. And I would not have a problem with Archie going that route. Provided it is the right guy.  Could help in locking up the state. 

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes Delaney coaches the Speice EYBL team. 

6 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Why not start a new thread specifically related to filling the assistant position?

Great idea. You start.  However for now. I will offer this. From a great friend of mine.  Archie and Jim Shannon met  a few days ago.

Archived