Assistant Coach Vacancy

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Bustout said:

Complete random thought, but what’s Matta up to?  Has his health improved?   Heard him in the mix at  UCLA - but could’ve been hearsay.  If health is still an issue - perhaps would consider / fit into a backseat job?   

I realize this is a complete negative one % chance thing, but wishful thinking 

I am not much of a gambler beyond a little blackjack. But I have to think a complete negative 1% chance is not what a betting man is looking for.  Lol

10 hours ago, Bustout said:

Complete random thought, but what’s Matta up to?  Has his health improved?   Heard him in the mix at  UCLA - but could’ve been hearsay.  If health is still an issue - perhaps would consider / fit into a backseat job?   

I realize this is a complete negative one % chance thing, but wishful thinking 

Oden was on radio a couple weeks back here in Indy. They asked him about Matta and his non response response kind of suggested that Matta was looking to get back into the game. Not sure of openings that would match his roots but my guess is he'll be on a sideline within a year. 

6 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Let's hire an assistant coach who is good at all the basketball things and stuff. That is where I cast my vote. 🍺

Agree! One of the most important roles of an assistant, and an aspect that fans rarely seem to discuss, is advanced scouting and building game plans for future opponents. It’s critical and each assistant gets a portion of the schedule to develop game plans for. 

Some feelers have been put out to some former IU guys, but they are feelers only at this point. Archie doesnt have the broken fanbase that Crean had, so the hire will be based upon Merit only, not mending fences or pleasing particular folks.

2 hours ago, ephul said:

Some feelers have been put out to some former IU guys, but they are feelers only at this point. Archie doesnt have the broken fanbase that Crean had, so the hire will be based upon Merit only, not mending fences or pleasing particular folks.

Thank you for bringing home the goods.  Not long ago, I was letting  our members know, that you, are tuned in. And when you honor us with a post.  To pay attention.

2 hours ago, ephul said:

Some? Guys?  Plural.

Hum?  I'm intrigued.   

4 hours ago, ephul said:

Any word on how they’ve been received?

21 hours ago, Indykev said:

Archie is supposed to hire the guy with players not the guy whom you have already gotten his player.

Landers favorite coach. Either aau or high school is still my vote. 

I don’t think IU goes in this direction but Cardell McFarland trains both Khristian Lander and Trey Kaufman. 

14 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Maybe coincidence but Chris Reynolds was speaking at a church in Bloomington this weekend.

Thanks for the share.  You may very well be on to something. As Chris has a history with IU, after hanging up his jersey.

Chris Reynolds - Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics - Staff Directory - Bradley University Athletics

20 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Maybe coincidence but Chris Reynolds was speaking at a church in Bloomington this weekend.

Chris Reynolds is an Athletic director and heard him on the radio a few months ago and he seems happy with the AD job.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, Seeking6 said:

Oden was on radio a couple weeks back here in Indy. They asked him about Matta and his non response response kind of suggested that Matta was looking to get back into the game. Not sure of openings that would match his roots but my guess is he'll be on a sideline within a year. 

Matta is not coming back to be an assistant coach, especially in his former employer's conference. 

Archived