Assistant Coach Vacancy

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I bet Khristian Lander knows people in Evansville who know whoCalbert is.

Are you suggesting we hire someone 25 years old just because he may have more name recognition?

That's the connection I thought of right away if in fact this is true. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I bet Khristian Lander knows people in Evansville who know whoCalbert is.

Are you suggesting we hire someone 25 years old just because he may have more name recognition?

It has to do more with the fact that he has no been working as an assistant and has not been out recruiting.

4 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I may be wrong but CC is coaching in the NBA G league 

thanks, did not know that but he still has not been working in college.  Don't get me wrong because I won't mind this hire at all but I figured it would be a more experience college assistant.

I don't know the inner workings of how Cheaney handles himself on the coaching front, but from my POV he seems to be well qualified.  He played four years for Knight at the highest level.  He had a long NBA career.  He obviously knows the game. 

And, from everything we have ever heard about the man, he's a great person.  I bet he'd be a great mentor for young players.  He's been through it, and he has a big heart, so he will care about the players.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don't know the inner workings of how Cheaney handles himself on the coaching front, but from my POV he seems to be well qualified.  He played four years for Knight at the highest level.  He had a long NBA career.  He obviously knows the game. 

And, from everything we have ever heard about the man, he's a great person.  I bet he'd be a great mentor for young players.  He's been through it, and he has a big heart, so he will care about the players.

Life can offer some cruel turns of the road to good people.  Not sure there was an issue while Calbert was on staff at IU.  However he jumped at the chance to join Coach Crews at St. Louis. Good friends. However, Crews got axed after what I believe to be two seasons at St. Louis... and subsequently died, later on. Who knows where Calbert would be today, had he stayed at IU.  But... as I just posted above. I would love to have him back.

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Life can offer some cruel turns of the road to good people.  Not sure there was an issue while Calbert was on staff at IU.  However he jumped at the chance to join Coach Crews at St. Louis. Good friends. However, Crews got axed after what I believe to be two seasons at St. Louis... and subsequently died, later on. Who knows where Calbert would be today, had he stayed at IU.  But... as I just posted above. I would love to have him back.

Wait, are you thinking of Rick Majerus as the St Louis coach who died?  As far as I know, Jim Crews is alive and well.  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

34 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Wait, are you thinking of Rick Majerus as the St Louis coach who died?  As far as I know, Jim Crews is alive and well.  Correct me if I’m wrong. 

I was thinking how did I not know that Jim crews had passed but you are right he was probably thinking of Majerus

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was getting ready to post the same thing.  Googled it to be sure.  Had me scared for a minute.

20 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Any new rumors? 

Not about the IU assistant coaching job.  But, the rumor at my office is that Saul and Layla are having an affair.  Saul's wife used to work in the office as well, but she now stays at home to take care of the kids.

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not about the IU assistant coaching job.  But, the rumor at my office is that Saul and Layla are having an affair.  Saul's wife used to work in the office as well, but she now stays at home to take care of the kids.

I would have never guessed your name was Saul.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Is Layla hot? 

Archived