Assistant Coach Vacancy

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Adams is a great guess.  I heard from 2 different people within 20 minutes of each other so i assume they both had the same source. Their info is that the next hire is coming out of retirement . (NOT RMK)  Maybe a load of crap but passing along what i heard in last hour. 

Norman Dale

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Adams is a great guess.  I heard from 2 different people within 20 minutes of each other so i assume they both had the same source. Their info is that the next hire is coming out of retirement . (NOT RMK)  Maybe a load of crap but passing along what i heard in last hour. 

Hmmm, Pat Knight. 😀

A guy that fits Rabby's criteria but not the out of coaching part that I just heard. I don't think he would but I would love for him to get the job, Mike Schrage.

AAU Ties, lots of college experience, Duke, Stanford, Butler and now OSU. Former manager for Knight so has IU ties. I can't see him leaving Holtman but...

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Any indication as to when the announcement will be made? I feel like I’ve been hanging on this news more so than recruiting news.  

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A guy that fits Rabby's criteria but not the out of coaching part that I just heard. I don't think he would but I would love for him to get the job, Mike Schrage.

AAU Ties, lots of college experience, Duke, Stanford, Butler and now OSU. Former manager for Knight so has IU ties. I can't see him leaving Holtman but...

He took the Elon head coaching gig this spring.  The gears are definitely turning on who it might be.

45 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Kuwik has the connection to Archie but not IU, right?

Correct. Here is something from the HB...

Kevin Kuwik, Davidson assistant coach – Kuwik worked under Miller for six years as an assistant at Dayton before moving on to Davidson. So there’s familiarity. Miller knows Kuwik’s work habits and what he brings to the table in terms of recruiting, player development and leadership. Kuwik also knows the Big Ten, having worked as a video coordinator at Ohio State, and knows Indiana, having worked as director of basketball operations at Butler. He’s a Notre Dame graduate who worked under the late John McLeod as a student assistant. In addition, Kuwik was Senior Class president at Notre Dame and a distinguished military graduate in Notre Dame’s Army ROTC program. Kuwik took an 18-month leave of absence from his coaching career in 2004-05 to serve with the 113th Engineer Battalion of the Indiana National Guard in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Correct. Here is something from the HB...

Kevin Kuwik, Davidson assistant coach – Kuwik worked under Miller for six years as an assistant at Dayton before moving on to Davidson. So there’s familiarity. Miller knows Kuwik’s work habits and what he brings to the table in terms of recruiting, player development and leadership. Kuwik also knows the Big Ten, having worked as a video coordinator at Ohio State, and knows Indiana, having worked as director of basketball operations at Butler. He’s a Notre Dame graduate who worked under the late John McLeod as a student assistant. In addition, Kuwik was Senior Class president at Notre Dame and a distinguished military graduate in Notre Dame’s Army ROTC program. Kuwik took an 18-month leave of absence from his coaching career in 2004-05 to serve with the 113th Engineer Battalion of the Indiana National Guard in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Impressive resume.  That's for sure.  Sounds more like a future Senator than a basketball coach.

23 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Now the main insider on the other board basically just said Mike Roberts. So not Lewis. http://www.uncgspartans.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32200&ATCLID=209255391

That makes sense. He checks a lot of boxes. From an article about UNCG's appearance at Assembly Hall in 2014:

Roberts is now an the associate head coach for the Spartans under former prep school teammate Wes Miller, who described his long-time friend’s homecoming.

“I’ve known Mike since I was 15 years old,” Miller said. “We went to prep school together before he came to IU. Let me just say he is passionate about Indiana. He is passionate about Bloomington. His eyes just light up when he speaks about his whole experience here, not just the basketball experience. (Thanksgiving) night he makes me go out in 15-degree weather and walk around downtown showing me every restaurant and place he used to hang out. He was really excited to be back.”

As far as Miller is concerned, getting Roberts back to Indiana more often just might be a good idea.

“Any time we can get Mike Roberts back to the state of Indiana, he’s a happy camper,” the UNC-G head coach said. “And if we can get him to Bloomington, he’s going to be really happy.”

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2014/11/roberts-still-passionate-about-basketball-iu/

Archived